Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Transferred to Pavia -- "Tell Them You Will Go Next Week"

No, the light switch has not clicked yet (thinking in Italian), but hopefully it will soon. My Italian is improving little by little though.

Oh yeah....don't send anymore letters to Torino. I'm heading to the big leagues. Pavia!!!! Pavia is just below Milano. I will be having district meeting in the mission office every week so I'm really close. My companion will be Anziano Bulnick, i think, and he went to Jordan High School apparently. I will be leaving tomorrow morning at like 6:30 AM haha.

Today was super fun though. We went to a really cool city up north about 2 hours away called Aosta. We basically walked around for a few hours and got some cool pictures. It was super fun. This week has been really fun though. I was a bit sad I won't get to stick around to see Helen's baptism, but it is alright. Hahah 3 cities, 3 companions in 3 transfers. Either I am just a terrible missionary or an awesome missionary, I haven't decided which one yet haha, just kidding.

On Friday we had the traveling assistants come to our apartment and we did a big scambio (exchange). The traveling assistants were called for just this transfer and they went around to young copias (companionships) teaching them how to improve, better ways to teach. It was so much fun and I really learned a lot. We now have a totally different door approach that we will also use when contacting on the streets. Basically, we teach a principle, ask a question and bear testimony. A lot of the time our time at the door is so short that we don't ever have time to teach anything. This insures that the person can at least feel the spirit because there are so many missionaries out in the world, but of course we are different.

Yesterday was really funny because we had a lesson with Helen. We sat down and I told her that I would be leaving to a new city. haha. She had the angriest look on her face. She immediately said, "tell them that you will go next week". haha I explained that I couldn't and she seemed to get over it. After the lesson I was able to get a picture with her, she is so funny. After the picture as I was shaking her hand to say goodbye, she totally tried to sneak a hug on me.

So with the traveling assistants basically how it worked is this....I went with one of the assistants, Anziano Kober and we went out and taught, did casa (tracting), etc. Anziano Dean went with the other assistant Anziano Grey. It was really really fun and we taught a bunch. The new approach worked so well, it was sweet. I was also able to get some really good points on how to study the language better. The traveling assistants will be dissolved after this transfer though. Anziano Grey actually just became the other assistant along with Anziano Mangram. They will be pretty sweet. Our assistants thus far have really done a kick butt job.

The sisters in Torino 2 asked me to play the piano for their baptism this week. I also got to play for the musical number, Sister Nasland sang. Haha it was kinda funny because she wanted to have it played a certain way. Like after the first verse she wanted me to play half way through and then skip the chorus and start the 3rd verse(kinda confusing huh?)...Well we started out fine and then apparently she forgot what she wanted to do. So she kept singing the chorus during the second verse while I started over on the 3rd verse, like I was supposed to do....oops.

So yeah DON'T SEND ANYMORE LETTERS TO TORINO!!!!!....I don't know my new address but I will send it next week. Mom, I have my retainer. I dont think it will last through the mission though. There is always hope though haha. My teeth are doing alright I guess. They move back after awhile if I take my retainer out though. It ain't too bad though.

That is sweet that Hill and her team played well, too bad they couldn't win. That is cool Hillary got to play a lot and is getting better and better. I finally got an email from my lame friend Connor. haha nerd.

That is so cool that Eden is going to Rome, maybe she will be companions with the girl from my district, Sorella Stebar.

Did I tell you Taylor Swift is playing in Milano, MARCH 15th. haha.....................don't worry I wont be going.

Well that is sweet all is going well at home. I will be sure to give ya the details on my address next week.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, we just wrote Tuck and now it will take forever to get to him. He would be checking to see when Taylor Swift is coming. I love it

    ReplyDelete