Thursday, December 22, 2011

"You Can Just Feel the Truth of It As the Words Leave Your Mouth"

December 7, 2011 e-mail:

Well this week had it's ups and downs but we got through it on a very good note. The baptism went really well despite some minor difficulties. We realized when we arrived at the church around 11 AM that the faucet for the baptismal font was running slower than a snail in the desert. After going on a search for a garden hose, to run form the kitchen sink into the font, we returned to the church. There was no garden hose so we started the process of bucketing water. Don't worry it took all of about the next six hours to fill up the font. When I say fill up the font I mean fill it up to my knees haha.

We actually had Lin and Chen both come to the church around 1 pm to eat lunch with them. Boy it was just not our day because me and my comp left them to fill up the font while we searched for pizza. Who would have though that everything would have been closed. We finally found a place that was selling super expensive pizzas but we had to give in. It was fun though even with the difficulties. His baptism was very great and I got to do it 3 times! Man the water was so low!

Branch President, Tucker, Chen & Anziano Scheurn











Chen was just happy all day though and was so grateful to be there. His confirmation the next day was also very awesome. Me, my companion, the ward mission leader and the branch president all participated. I later translated it for him because it was in Italian(the person who confirmed him didn't speak English. haha don't ask me why he didn't want someone doing it in English so he could understand). It went great though.

Well Sunday night we had a string of success. We taught this kid from Casablanca, Morocco that we met a few weeks ago. We kind of forgot about him until just the other day so we called him up and he was very reluctant to meet with us. We come to find out that he isn't Muslim, and in fact went to church activities in Sardegna. He talked bout how he has a great love for the family and wants to have a happy family, unlike his own. We were able to bear strong testimony about how gospel blesses the family. It was really cool and we are excited to teach him more. It was also great though to be able to testify about I have seen the gospel bless our family and promise specific blessings that come from it.

I think one of the great blessings as a missionary is that we get to see how much the gospel has blessed us. I didn't get to fully realize the full power of it until I got to bear testimony of it to others. As you bear testimony you can just feel the truth of it as the words leave your mouth. It's something I've really come to enjoy and love as a missionary. It's interesting to see the missionaries who let the thoughts of home devour their mission. I'm not talking about my companion but just missionaries I've seen. I honestly love doing finding work even though it's not the funnest thing in the world. Icould be playing B-ball, watching ESPN, Airborne, listening to music but honestly they don't bring true joy. haha I still want to do those things, but for now I'm happy as a missionary doing the things the Lord wants me to do and doing the things I want to do.

We also ran into an Ecuadorian family that didn't have time to talk with us, but that wanted to in the next week or so. The wife was kind of sketchy and didn't really want to give us their number but the dad stepped right up and basically was like, oh sure elders, come by next week in the night because I work until 8pm. He then gladly gave us his number. As we went home we ran into an Ethiopian man by our house who was so open and willing to talk. We were abe to recount the Joseph smith story. Afterward he said, "well many people claim to have seen visions or things like that, how can I know if this is true?".....ding ding ding....Book of Mormon. He was really interested and said well if it doesn't go against the Bible I'm game. We are praying he will call us because he doesn't have a telephone. You could see the diference though in someone who really does want to know the truth. This guy was very elect. It was funny because right after we finished saying a prayer(we were outside) the rain just start pouring. It was cool how Heavenly father just led us right to that guy.

The next day after seeing some miracles we were faced with a trial. We came back from district meeting early Monday morning and our bikes were gone.....aghagh....we were ticked. We were already late for a funeral of two twins that died at birth. I was supposed to be playing the piano for the funeral but we weren't able to get there in time. We found out though the next day that our bikes had been taken by the police because apparently they were in no parking zone. So we went and paid the price to get them back. haha of course when we got on them we realized that basically every wheel was bent the crap out of place.....They were unrideable. The police basically just beat the crap out of them. Luckily the bike place we usually go to gave us a good deal to fix them...

haha so that was my week. The ward has taken well to the Chinese and we are really working well with them. We need to start getting the less-actives back to church because there are many....too many. I'm excited though for the challenge. Our transfers are coming up next week and I'm probably getting a new companion....yes another. Anz. Scheurn has already been here for six months so he will most likely go.

Our address is Via Vittorio Vento #18 int. #10...I'm not sure of the area code but I will get it to you soon.

I'm planning on skyping so I need to get a new account because I forgot my last one.

Also try and get me Jake's mission address. We wrote a few times while he was in the MTC, and I still owe him a letter.


Love you a lot

XX00xxooXXXooo

Tuck

No comments:

Post a Comment