Monday, January 23, 2012

"The Lord Is So Evident in Our Work Right Now"

I know you've been wanting pictures really badly lately. You're going to hate me again this week because I am in Firenze and I don't have the cord for my camera to send you pics. I wanted to last week but I was in La Spezia and all the computers froze and we ran out of time...wah wah. I didn't email yesterday because we were all in Verona for a conference. We had a wonderful opportunity to listen to Elder Causse of the Seventy. He's from France and I think he's in the presidency of the European Area. Anyway, he gave us a lot of great tips, knowledge and things we can do better at. One of the biggest was just inviting people to baptism in the first lesson. We've talked about it before, but he really just hit home on it and blew us out of the water.

Well Davide will be getting baptized next week instead of Saturday. We are a little behind on teaching with him so we felt it'd be best to wait another week so we didn't have to rush things. He's just quit drinking coffee but I don't think it was too hard for him. He's a stud and is really coming to be close with some of the members here. We are thinking that Anziano Scheurn probably won't be here for the baptism seeing how this is his 5th transfer here. Yesterday as we talked with Presidente Wolfgramm he said "Oh hey, Anziano Scheurn! So how long you been in Pisa now, about a year?". It's safe to say things will be changing a bit. We will get the transfer calls probably on Monday.

We said goodbye to Lin last Monday because he went back to China. Luckily he's only going for about a month but Anziano Scheurn won't see him for a long time. It got me thinking about how I will miss Chen a ton! He's like my little brother...seriously. He is such an awesome kid. The Young Women did a program during sacrament meeting on Sunday. Well Sunday night when we were teaching Chen and Lin I joked with Chen saying, "So Chen, during the program I saw you staring at Alishe(daughter of the young men's leader)" He responds by saying "No, I wasn't, I was staring at Francesca" haha (daughter of the 1st counselor). It surprised us all and we all laughed a bit. He's just a funny kid. Right now he's living by himself because his roomates all went back to China for a month. We are having to check up on him often just to make sure he's doing OK.

Well we taught the Mendoza family last week finally. We had an awesome lesson in which Andrew Trexler came and helped. By the end of the lesson Charlie(husband) was saying how he determined to really know more and to start coming to church. He didn't accept the baptismal invite because he wants to take it slowly, but he wants to learn more. On Sunday he came to church with his 6 years old kid and it was awesome! He even volunteered after church to take the Peruvian member Yolanda to the station. We will see them tonight!

We were able to see Yolanda last week and she's incredible. I was just amazed with how kind and humble she was. She was just full of joy when she saw us at her house. She had come late so we were waiting outside and she was just so excited. Last Sunday she came for the second time. Like I said, she hadn't known where the church was so it'd been like six months since she's come to church. We are excited to try and get here brothers and sisters involved in the church too(she's about 40ish?)

Mirta the woman from Santo Domingo also came to church on Sunday! She sat with Yolanda in Relief Society then an elderly lady, Sorella Massoni during the other two hours. After church we taught her and discovered that she's searching for the true church. She was baptized in the Evangelical church but she didn't feel right in it. We taught to her needs and really testified of the truth of our message, and how she, too, could know the truth. It was AWESOME! She said she would come to church again next week!

We are being blessed so much right now and seeing so many miracles. The Lord is so evident in our work right now. We are excited and just ready to help these people. We have really learned the last week or two how much better we can do and be. Our biggest focus is just teaching by the spirit. As we do the work will just keep rising and we will see more miracles.

Thanks for the awesome updates about everyone! It's going to be weird coming back and not recognizing anyone. I'm kinda stressing out a bit because I'm turning 21 next week...crazy huh? Nah I'm not stressed, but it's weird. I'm just so excited about the work and we are just going to keep going forward.

Go Alex Smith! That's cool the Jazz are kicking butt. The clips that Aunt Carol sent me made it seem like they just suck.

Anyways....I will honestly try getting you the pictures very soon. I just filled up on of my memory cards and the other one is already like 25% full so there are plenty of pictures. I just need to send them. Soon! it will be Soon!

Love you all...Vi do un bachio

No comments:

Post a Comment