Wednesday, May 30, 2012

When You Work Hard Miracles Happen

From Tucker's May 16th e-mail:

It was great seeing you all Sunday! You all looked super happy and content with everything that's going on right now in your lives. When at least one person is smiling it puts at least another smile on the person who sees them smiling. The work is going forward bit by bit right now and we are really working our butts off. It's funny sometimes how Heavenly Father works. I've been worker harder these last 3 months than ever before and the work has been the slowest than ever before. He's making us be patient and testing our Faith. It really has blessed us so far this week. Sunday night after our calls we didn't end up getting 20 lessons. We ended up at around 19 but it's ok. That day was full of enough miracles so we are grateful for the things that did happen.

Andrea Giolito.....yeah he snuck that one up on me

We had half a less-active family come to church and one new person. Sorella Benemerito and her son Salvatore both came. Salvatore also brought his girlfriend who now wants to learn more! They all loved church and were all touched, I think, by the spirit. Unfortunately, Fratello Benemerito couldn't come because he's been sick, but we will be seeing them tonight! We also found out that their daughter, Mariarosaria, is wanting to meet with us more. Monday morning we left ready to start our week looking for some new investigators but instead my companion spent a lot of the morning talking with her. She called us and just started venting a little bit and telling her entire story. I won't go into too much detail but she basically has felt abandoned by God in her life. We are going to see them though tonight with her non-member husband and 3 kids!
 
Giovanni Mistura....he's gonna be a great missionary

The rest of Monday went very well. Maria, our Peruvian investigator has been reading the Book of Mormon. She is moving back to Peru in a month but we want to prepare her as much as possible for baptism before returning. She is a super sweet person and just really wanting to come closer to her Heavenly Father. We ran into a Chinese family that night and I got to through out my missionary introduction in Chinese (thanks Chen!). We might be going back and teacher their 14 year old son.
Yesterday I got to go to Mantova with my district leader. It's this super small but beautiful city very close to Verona. It seems that both our companionships haven't been doing so well this transfer but we had a great scambio yesterday. We didn't have any lessons planned for the day and we got back from Verona around 1 pm. After lunch and all that we got outside and just invited EVERYONE! Looking back on the day I think we talked to a wide variety of people. There was this Upper Class Italian guy, 40-year man from Bangladesh, a Muslim from Tunisia, 20 year old Italian girl, 50 year old Albanian, Brazilian guy, Indian guy, middle-aged Italian woman and a couple others. We ended up teaching 4 lessons, finding two investigators and setting up 2 appointments! It was great to see the Lord guiding us and helping us as we invited all of his children. When you work hard miracles happen, especially during a scambio.

Well it's been a huge relief with this sudden surge of success in our companionship. I'm super grateful that we have continued working hard. There have been many instances in which we could have given up but we grinded through the tough times. We are already more than half way through this transfer, can you believe it?....It's crazy that I've already been here in Verona more time that I was in Pisa. It's a great city and I have a feeling I might be leaving. In the end I guess it doesn't matter. I will go where He wants me to go.....

So is there anything you want me to get for you guys and send back...? Kinda sucks that the package got lost?

How's Jake doing down in Honduras?...should i send him a letter?

Thanks for your love and support. NEFF CLAN UNITE!!


Any chance I can join the High Priests when I get back? I want to hang out with Mark and Grandpa at church....

No comments:

Post a Comment