Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"Back in Pisa and Grinding Out Some Good Casa and Street Contacting Hours"

November 22, 2011 e-mail:

Hey everyone......happy Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Well....the good news is that our district destroyed the other districts in the Firenze Zone for football. Basically it was just an interceptionfest. The bad news is that the next day we literally....literally couldn't move. We actually went straight from doing the pre-Thanksgiving turkey bowl to doing a scambio. We got to go to La Spezia for a day while the Capi Zona stole our house and did a scambio with the Livorno missionaries. I probably had the coldest nights sleep ever that night haha.

Anyways our apartment in Pisa had been cleaned. We actually moved back into it today but the company will have to come back in a week or two to respray our bedroom. We are excited though to be back in our own place. We were super crammed in the Livorno apartment and basically had no place for our clothes or study materials. We also will be able to start working a lot more since we don't have to commute back and forth. It was very expensive because we also had to bring the bikes which also add to the cost.

I personally am very excited for this extra time because unfortunately it took away from our finding time. Our teaching pool is probably as thin as it could get. We have Chen but other than him we have like nobody......agh. haha. We have lots of new converts that need teaching so that keeps us busy, but now we will get to start grinding out some good casa and street contacting hours.!!! I actually am quite excited ... I'm not being sarcastic. I get to the point when I'm not finding that it feels like I'm being lazy or ineffective. We read a really cool talk the other day about being a sacred missionary rather than a honorable missionary and a social missionary. It really helped me think about how much better I can be. It's helping me refine everything I do and how I think. There is a lot of room for improvement and I'm excited to get started.

Well tomorrow we will be eating with the Trexler family at their house for Thanksgiving! It should be really fun especially because they are half American. Root beer is another plus. So who's all gonna be down in Cali with you guys this week? What are you gonna do for dinner? Any news about Connor or what he's up to?

Funny story...so we had a couple American families in sacrament meeting this week. All together there were about 15 people which really filled the chapel! Anyways, I asked the parents if they would like me to translate and they politely declined. As I'm walking away their grandfather says, pointing in front of him, "I think my granddaughter would like you to translate for her"(typical move that I just know my grandfathers would pull too because as he said it he was laughing/smiling and his grandaughter was very embarrassed). Like she was a very pretty girl and I did not want to translate for her haha but I couldn't say....hm...no I can't actually....so I went and sat by her and her siblings to translate. Don't ask me why but I was very nervous and I stuttered quite a bit in the translating process. It was funny though and I actually was asked to bear my testimony for sacrament meeting. I felt really good getting to bear my testimony especially because when I arrived here I wasn't able to (lost my voice the first week).

Well I'm very excited to hear about how your trip went. So the Utes have decent shot at getting to the PAC 12 championship game? That'd be sweet. Well I'm going to go and put our apartment in order...it's filthy. I know it's like a month until you can skype me, but don't get too excited alright?

Love you all and hope you're all doing great.

No comments:

Post a Comment