Monday, November 14, 2011

"I Am Ready to Say the Prayer"

haha....what a week. This week has been yet another hectic week full of fun experiences as well as frustrating ones. Well, I moved into the Pisa apartment pretty easily last week. It was cool to figure out during our morning run that we live about 5 minutes away from the Leaning Tower. We will be seeing it a whole lot the next while. My companion actually seems quite sick of it haha.

My companion anizano Scheurn is from Gilbert, Arizona. He's a pretty big kid and just loves working out so maybe he can get me back on the working out train. I've been pretty bad the last six weeks. I think you can start to see it in my face now. Well anyways he about killed me on our run the other morning; I was so out of breath. I haven't run again until this morning but that's because I got kinda sick. Bummer huh? It wasn't anything that kept me from going outside and doing missionary work but I was struggling enough as it was. I decided to not work out because my body was soo drained of energy already.

The other hectic events to make this week just so great were the bed bugs. So our apartment has lots of mosquitoes. So the first night I thought the itching and scratching was because of them. Then on Sunday morning I woke up and my forehead was just covered with bites. Apparently bed bugs bite in lines of 3 or 4 and we had that.

We called the office and basically we're told to move in with the Livorno missionaries. They are about a 15 minutes away in train. We also had to spend a butt load to wash every single item of clothing we have and either take it to Livorno or bag it up and tie it and leave it in our apartment. So we will be living in Livorno for a while until our apartment gets sprayed !!Yay!!! haha

Well besides that Pisa is really cool. The work isn't going like super well right now but no worries it'll get going if we can just get the whole coming and going to Livorno everyday down. We lose lots and lots of time everyday and it gets frustrating let me tell you. It is more frustrating for my comp, but no worries. He is one of the funniest kids I've met, holy crap. He quotes and knows movies better than I do. I am gonna have to buckle down a little more to help us concentrate better and work hard.

So yeah right now we have about 3 or 4 investigators. Up until now I have only met 2 of the 4. Well actually one of those we found the other day and is so legit. So basically the ones I know are Gi Gi and Chen. Gi Gi came to church for the first time in five years this Sunday. That was pretty sweet. Apparently he's been an investigator for a long time but I still have yet to teach him. Chen is the friend of two Chinese new converts(Lin and Wang Zang). These two new converts are sooooooo awesome. They are seriously two of the coolest people I've met. They are students here and were found by my companion and his last companion. They are so solid in the gospel and just love the church. Anyways they brought Chen to church on Sunday. We taught Chen Sunday night and talked all about the Restoration. It was a really strong spiritual lesson and was just incredible. We taught him how to pray and we gave him the instructions located in the Restoration pamphlet to read. After about 5 minutes of reading it, he looked up and said "OK I'm ready". We then asked him what he was ready for and he said "I'm ready to say the prayer". It was so awesome. He said the best prayer and said it perfectly.

He's only about 19 years old, but he looks like he's 12. It was so awesome though to see how much he lit up when we were teaching him. We taught him again with Lin and Wang Zang at a members house. We taught him about Jesus Christ and the importance of following him. Again he would just light up when we were teaching. He kind of laughed with joy when we invited him to be baptized. He accepted but also said he would need to think about it a little more. He told us at the end of the lesson, "I've known from the first time we met that this is what I need to do". He is seriously like a little kid, but he is so smart. He was also asking us for a CTR ring because he saw that Lin had one. So that was one of the cool miracles for us this week.

We also have an American living in our branch. His wife is Italian and he has about 3kids. One of them actually just got back from the SLC mission(Trexler family. They also just set up a huge football tournament. He got President's permission to have it on the army base, and to have our entire zone come!!!! How sick is that? I also heard that I can get some hook ups on American food....oh yeah.

Well, I love you all and hope everything is going good. I'm stoked to get things going here. haha Don't worry about our misfortunes. We will survive.

Love you all,

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. What a great letter. Reading this was a perfect way to start my day searching for opportunities to share the gospel. I love missionary work!

    ReplyDelete