Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Lord Puts People in Our Paths When We Are Doing What's Right and Being Diligent

Man, everyone is growing up!Seeing those pictures made me realize that I've been away longer than I thought. When you're in the mission things sure do go by fast. I have noticed that I'm getting older having just looked at the pictures of me the night before departing for the MTC. Seeing pictures of the changes in everyone else was way different though. Sammy is growing up as well as little Ty. Just about everyone in the pictures I saw looks a lot older.

I've definitely been packing on some extra weight the last two transfers or so. I have been super tired and it's been tough to go running. I think I might be having some stomach problems as well because I don't think I'm digesting like I should be. My stomach fills "gassy" after eating small amounts of food, too. I don't know if it's because I should change what it is that I'm eating or what. I think I need to just work out and eat more fruits and vegetables. Once I get over this little sickness(got a bit of a cold), I'm gonna start running again.

So yeah this week has been another busy, busy week. We got through the busy first half of last week and were able to manage about 10 lessons in 3 days. Our vision for our zone is to teach 20 lessons every week while making "promises" to the Lord every day to help us reach those 20 lessons. We really felt it would help excite the missionaries again and have an attainable goal to work towards. We are trying to make huge strides though in reaching the goal ourselves and to set the example. As busy as we are if we can reach it then nobody else can have the excuse for not reaching it. It's a goal that has really helped me and many others increase our diligence as missionaries so we are excited to see it kindle the fire in our work.

Last Saturday we had just finished lunch and went outside to find some people. We both felt like we should stop this woman in her early 60's that seemed to be South American. She was carrying a bag while listening to her music. Usually we don't stop people on phones or listening to music but we stopped her anyway. We quickly find out that she is from Peru and that her sisters are members and live in Milano and Bergamo! We went on to teach and bear testimony of the Restoration.

She explained that she'd been married to someone who really wasn't for the church, but that they are now not together. She also told us that she was here visiting a cousin and would be leaving Sunday night. We invited her to church and she said she would come!

Well Sunday morning we waited for her at our well known spot close to the church. After calling her and waiting for 10 minutes we went to church. We were disappointed, but went to church with a good attitude. During the second hour I got a call from this lady, Gladis. She said sorry, and that she had slept in but that she was on her way to the church. We quickly left and went and picked her up and walked back to the church just in time for sacrament meeting.

When we got to the church we quickly went straight to the other South American members. Now I was sure there were South Americans but I didn't know if there were Peruvians. After introducing her to some of the members I saw the of the members of the Stake presidency in our ward. I though..."Oh, I almost forgot....he's Peruvian!" I parted the red sea to the family and introduced her to the family. They instantly started talking and the father, Fratello Castillo did his thing. As the meeting started I sat with Gladis and Fratello Castillo sat on the other side. SCORE! She's already making friends! It got better... About twenty minutes into the meeting Fratello Castillo told me that he was gonna take Gladis to sit by his wife! I was like yeah sure no problem! Afterward they talked more and she told us that she would come next week, too! The Lord puts people in our paths when we are doing what's right and being diligent.





















Alright here is the dealio....Monday we were in Bergamo doing a scambio and then Tuesday we left early for our consiglio (council) with president and the other zone leaders. Today is our preparation day and so far we have taught 1 lesson. We also set a baptismal date with this really cool African guy named Kingsley. My companion and I need your prayers so we can reach that 20 lesson mark and show our zone we can do it. Your may be thinking "oh well you've got like four more days", but tomorrow we have Leadership training with our zone which takes up half the day...yikes...I know. Just pray that all the appointments we have set up will go through. Thanks so much!!!!

I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for things you do for me. I'm loving the mission so much even if it can be super, super hard. Like our mission mom said "Possiamo fare le cose difficili". We can do hard things. It's simple but true. I love you all so much.

Ciao!

Tuck

No comments:

Post a Comment