Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Spirit Will Guide Us in Our Work


Anziani Neff, Ramjoue Meszaros and Webb after playing soccer at the church








Transfer week......yikes. Yeah, the transfer was only five weeks but the next one will be 7 weeks. I guess President Wolfgramm has a meeting with the Area President in Germany which is when the dying missionaries depart. He wanted to be able to send them all off so he just made this transfer a little shorter.

Anyway, here is the news. Unfortunately my companion is leaving me and going to the furthest place away in the mission, Ancona. He will be whitewashing and training so that should be a fun experience. I guess that city hasn't baptized anyone for about 3to 4 years. My new companion will be Anz. Smith. I'd say it's a bit more common name than Meszaros. I'm bummed to be losing him cause he's awesome but he's gotta go baptize in Ancona. Anz. Smith was companion with Anz. Webb and Anz. Scheurn so there are some ties there. He a great missionary. Anziano Glowa just got called as a Zone Leader, too which I knew would happen. I'm a bit jealous that he didn't get sent to be with me but...oh well.

I'm really excited for some of the missionaries who will be entering the zone. We got scouple more awesome missionaries(to add the other great ones). Our district leaders are all great so I'm excited to see miracles and more people enter into the covenant of baptism. We are in a dry spell right now and have not yet baptized this transfer....We have a lot of goals right now in the mission and I think missionaries, me included, are confused or struggling with putting these things into practice. We need to really just love these people more than anything.

I've realized that over the past three or four transfer my love/charity haven't been up to par. I'm at the end of the Book of Mormon and I got hit in the face by Mormon about charity. I'm gonna start changing my studies and prayers a lot to really help my charity and love grow. This doesn't apply for just the people, but to the missionaries I'm serving so I'm super duper excited to help them all out in the best way possible.

Well the end of last week went so so but this week has picked up a lot. We haven't had contact with Fernando for about two weeks now so that's a bummer. I feel like he will keep reading the Book of Mormon though and feel in his heart it's true. He will be baptized someday for sure. Last week during my scambio with the Assistants we had a cool experience. Anziano Jensen and I set out to do some casa. We quickly discovered that the area we were in was dead. People weren't home and nobody was in the streets.

It's Wednesday night after P-day so it's late, maybe 8 PM. We decided to walk toward centro because I knew people would be there. Well I decided to take a short-cut to save some time but I took a wrong turn and we ended up close, but by that time it was too late to go to centro. Seeing that we were close to a small piazza we walked into it. During this time I was a bit frustrated because my backup plan was sort of lame. I wasn't very confident in the direction we were heading, but we'd said a prayer and we're going forward.

After talking with a few people who weren't interested we ran into Enrico. We talked with him for about 20 minutes and discovered much about him. We found out that he's searching for the "strada giusta" (the right road) in his life. He is Catholic but knows it's not true and that there are errors in the Bible. We did a explanation of who we were and talked about the Book of Mormon. He wanted to know more so we set an appointment with him a few days after!

It was a great testimony to me about 1)prayer and 2) going about doing good. I didn't received a huge wave from the spirit telling me where to go but I went forward trying to do what's right. The spirit will guide us in our work and that night was an awesome example of that.

We have taught him twice since then and both lessons have been great. He says that once he knows the Book of Mormon is true he will be baptized! He lives here in Verona by himself and is single. The other missionaries are super lucky because he lives in their zone....lucky them...Enrico is so prepared!

Right now we have one really cool guy from Romania. His wife is in Romania with their four kids. He is ex-evangelist and just wants to know about Christ. He's super humble, kind and intelligent in his scriptural knowledge. He came to church on Sunday but unfortunately our gospel principles class just tanked. The teacher was so not prepared for the lesson. She basically read straight from the book the whole time and then after running out of things to say said, "Anziani volete dire qualcosa?" ("Elders, would you like to say something"). I know I shouldn't complain but it's tough when we have lessons that are more of a turn off then a spiritual experience. Anyways Alessandro is really cool and hopefully will come to church next week too!

I did get the money from Grandma and Grandpa. I'm going to try and send a package home this week or next. I hope you like it and that it's a fun activity. If I don't send it home yet it will be because I want to save a bit of money and wait until Mother's day to put something else in it. I'm still deciding.

Love you all....have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment