Monday, April 9, 2012

"Really, A Living Prophet ... Who Knew?"

What a turn-around we've had this week! I feel like the burden on my shoulders to have an ounce of success has been removed completely. I can definitely say that last week was one of the most stressing and frustrating weeks of the mission. It seemed as though after every invite or every person I met I was frustrated and a bit riled up. It seemed that everyone we talked to wouldn't listen or when they did talk they were completely against everything we would say.

We fasted together last Friday and it really helped me to bring things back into perspective and see the little miracles and little bits of success we'd been given from the Lord. The fast really helped me to see the small things the Lord was doing for us. We fasted again on Sunday because next week is Conference and I feel like the Lord answered all our prayers and sacrifices. We started meeting lots of people and seeing more success in our companionship. It took a lot more personal prayer and focus on my part to change my mindset and attitude but I still have some more work to do.

We've recently been sent a list of the new converts in the last 3 years by the mission. They want us to contact all of these converts and in the process try knocking a few doors in the converts area and see what miracles could happen. Well we go to find this new convert and we show up at their house at palazzo #15. Well when we got their there were was 15 A and 15 B. We went first to 15B and started looking for their name on the board with all the doorbells(campanello). As we were searching for their name there was a kid on the first floor balcony just looking at us. We greeted him and started introducing ourselves.

At the time we thought that he might be the new converts we were searching for. We quickly realized it wasn't them when he said he was Muslim. We began talking a bit about how our message blesses families and he went inside to ask his father if we could enter. His father soon came out and agreed to let us come in. Well we went in and discovered they are from Somalia(apparently one of the most dangerous countries in the world). In the little English they knew we found out that Ammot and Saijo were brothers. Ammot had lost two daughters in the violence still occuring his country and his wife is still there. We bore powerful testimony of the Plan of Salvation taught to us in the Book of Mormon and they were touched. Afterward you could see the interest and desire they had to read it. Unfortunately they don't read well in English and we don't have a copy in their language...yet. We are hoping to get one soon and return to teach them more!

We still haven't been able to recontact Michael but we are teaching this referral Emilio who is from Romania. He came to church on Sunday and really loved it. He even got to talk with Daniella, a new convert in the other ward, about everything. She, like Emilio, is facing some difficult time but she bore strong testimony of the blessings from the Book of Mormon and of the church. We actually met with him yesterday with Daniella and it went really well. He and his family are super poor and looking for work but he still manages to have faith. He has a big desire to know the truth and follow Christ. We are really praying that his conditions will get better because they might be kicked out of their home soon.

It seems though that the Lord is really just blessing us left and right. Our Zone has really started grasping the 20 Lessons goal and we are seeing lots of blessings. People who have been studying for awhile are deciding to get baptized and even some children of recent new converts are choosing to get baptized too! It's been fun this last week seeing such a great turn-around.

So the girls are gonna be working at McDonald's? That should be pretty fun for them, even funner for Daniel haha. So how much are they going to be making? I can see that being a great experience for both of them. I'll need to figure out something when I get back real quick.....Car Wash? Interestingly enough, I really loved that job....who doesn't like cleaning? I can pridefully say that I was probably the best car cleaner there....nough said

We are super excited for Conference this week and it's been fun telling people we meet about it as well. People start asking questions "Davvero, un profeta vivente?"(Really, a living prophet?)...e chi sarebbe? (Who knew?) etc.. I really need to go into this conference with some good questions to be answered. Like I learned last year from Elder Kopischke, we should go into every church meeting(any meeting) with a question to be answered. I haven't been super great at it but conference is a must so I'm excited.

Unfortunately I haven't gone yet to see Franco but we have been thinking about it all week. I also think I lost his address so if I could get it resent to me that'd be GREAT!

Well let's hope this string of success continues! Maybe I already jinxed it, chissà?


Love you guys a bunch.


My companion has some cool names for most of the prophets and apostles....get this....Henry B. Crying
Tommy the Monsoon Monson
L. Tommahawk Perry
Richard the OG Scott
Russell the Muscle Nelson
Dallin "don't make no jokes" Oaks
M. Rustler the Hustler Ballard
David A BedNARLY
Jeffery R. U kidding me Holland


Anyway, I thought they were funny.


CIAO

No comments:

Post a Comment