Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Book of Mormon And Prayer Change Our Hearts And Our Desires

FA CALDO! It's been a super hot as well as humid this week. We are getting through it alright haha but man it's brutal. The other night we came home to find our apartment full of these small fruit flies. I'm pretty positive that it was the garbage we'd forgotten to take out earlier that day. We then had to sleep with the windows shut and therefore our apartment was super hot during the night. Oh well..We are putting up some netting in our apartment today so we can leave the balcony windows open without there being any flies or mosquitos.

Everything is going alright here in San Remo town. The work has definitely been getting better! We set a baptismal date with one of the friends of the brothers from Ghana and Nigeria. His name is Twum and he is about 20 years old. He doesn't speak English very well so we have the other brothers translate for him. Right now his date is set for the end of next month seeing how we haven't taught him much and we have to take it slow. We got to help him make sure he's understanding us correctly. He's been coming pretty regularly though to church for about two months.

Ivano is still coming along rather slow but we discovered that he can't be baptized until his leg heals. He has some leg problems and I think they've even been cutting off pieces of skin from his right leg. We've been feeling lately though that the doctrine of christ hasn't sunk into his heart. I think it makes sense intelligently but spiritually not so much. The other day though when making a phone call with him we had a bit of a break through. He's been alright about praying and reading the BoM but we haven't been sure about the "real intent". As I called and talked with him I really tried digging in and asking him about both things (reading and praying). He started telling us that he'd started praying, like we had invited him to do, about being ready for baptism. He said that he had started asking Heavenly Father to help his leg heal so he could be baptized. For me I was really shocked because we didn't think his desire to be baptized was to that extent. We had actually kind of thought that he was rather pleased to have an excuse to wait to be baptized. I was so excited when he told me and congratulated him for his efforts and the faith he was exercising. It was a really cool testimony for me that the BoM and prayer (and meeting with the missionaries) can really change our hearts and desires.

They don't celebrate Father's Day in Italy....quindì...it's not my fault I forgot (Where were you on that one mom?).  Hopefully Hillary, Ashley and Andy put my name on the gift that I hope they bought for you......haha. Well Dad. Happy Father's Day. You know I love you and that I love you every day. You're one of my best friends in the world even though I do poke fun of you sometimes. I would definitely had sucked at most of the sports I played if you hadn't taken time to always help me. I'm grateful for who you are, your example for me and I love you 'Un Sacco'. Seeing how I'm a cheap skate..I will buy something here in San Remo for you and just bring it home with me...Va bene?....give me some ideas though.

Well it sounds like you are all having a blast! Dance recitals...mom is working, Hillary is working, Dad is working ...what are Andy and Clara up to these days? I feel like everyone is going to have changed a ton when I get back. I know I will be fatter but that's ok I plan on working out with Dad when I get back.

Well I know you praying already for us but keep it up! Your prayers are being heard and we are seeing blessings. The mission is going crazy right now and I know it's because there are tons of awesome missionaries here who also have lots of people praying for them.

CAfe Rio salad recipe?....other easy recipes I could do? We don't want to make each pasta anymore....haha we will let members do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment