Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Slowly But Steadily

Well that is just fantastic news that Clara and Andy are having a kid. I'm even more pumped that I will actually be there. My fear was that they'd have one before I got back. I'm sure you all had some great fun for me at the Bees game. Things here have been funny at least in our apartment. Since Italy has been playing the noise level from all the screaming fans is just ridiculous. Streets are deserted on game days and members are devastated when they play on Sunday haha.

Thanks for all the pictures it's great to see everyone. They're all getting so big. Hopefully I can still beat up on some of them when I get back. This last week has been going fairly well. We are struggling just a bit to get lessons because of cancellations and what no,t but were working through them. We had a bit of a setback with Ivano last Saturday. We had taught him Word of Wisdom on Wednesday and he was good with everything but cafe (coffee). Even with cafe (coffee) he didn't drink it often but he was a bit confused about it. Saturday when we saw him again he had drank once I think but he recommitted himself to abstaining. After the "follow up" we taught him the Law of Chastity which was the setback. His wife basically just left him and peaced out. Right now though he has a girlfriend whom he "loves". He basically told us that..."well we're are basically married. The only thing stopping us is that I'm not divorced yet". We explained that even if they love each other that it's a commandment from God. He didn't really seem to get the entire importance. He still came to church on Sunday but he told his member friend that he thought we were mad at him.  Disappointed yes, but not mad. So we will be working with that. By the way his leg is infected because it got cut by a palm tree?...don't know how that happened.

Twum is coming along slowly but steadily. We are still doing the translating and all that. He's great though. It's really hard to get to know him though because with translating we can't over explain things or it just goes out the other ear. The other African brothers are doing great and really helping us out with him. Deborah and Danielle the Italian couple I talked about are doing ok. We haven't seen them for a little bit because they had to reschedule with us. We taught the Plan of Salvation in our last visit and it went great! They understood it really well and felt super good about that fact that they could have an eternal family. They really understand, too, how this message can bless their family in the next life but also now. We are going to invite them to baptism tonight so that'll be fun. They haven't been to church yet and don't read a lot but we are gonna get them on board soon.

Felice, the non member husband of Edith accepted a baptismal date last night! They have a super cute little 3 year old girl. He's super cool and nice, likes to complain about stuff, but is coming along just great! I actually wasn't there because I was on scambio with Anz. Frustaci. We had a fun time yesterday finding people all day. It was cool getting to learn and teach together. We got to talk a little about the MTC, Modena and other stuff. I definitely think he's one of my favorite missionaries in my group. He's been bugging me all week about planning some California trip after the mission. Anyways it was a really fun scambio. I learned that I need to stop worrying so much about things. I've turned into quite the worrier these last 6 months. I think it's because I realize I have so much I need to accomplish and I'm running out of time.

I will definitely take your assignment on Dad. You need to promise that you will follow up on it so I don't forget. I'm really excited to do it because I feel like I never have time to reflect any more. I will make time though.

Anyways I love you guys a lot. Sorry if the email isn't super full of my usual...excitement...I just ate a bunch of plum cakes and I feel sick.

Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment