Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Our Efforts Are Never Wasted

Do I want to go to the singles ward?  Uh....no. VV4 for life.

Well things are definitely winding down here. I've been blessed to see a bit of everyone over the last week and work really hard at the same time. The work is making progress little by little so it's been particularly comforting for me. I always worry whether or not I'm making an impact in the places I serve. I feel as if I've made an impact here in this branch. The highlight of this past week was setting a baptismal date with Ivano!

We've really been prepping him these last few weeks and it's paid off. We went into the lesson having planned to talk about baptism. We talked about it and talked about his own progress. We explained to him that his next step could only be baptism. I asked him at the end, ''Ivano if Jesus Christ was here and asked you to follow him by being baptized, what would you say yes?''.  Haha to our dismay he said no. We asked him why and he said he didn't feel ready. We challenged him anyway and promised that he could be ready by the November 4th. He declined but we insisted and continued being persistent. At a certain point he said by November 4th I can't but maybe by December 4th. Eveson and I sort of looked at each other and turning back to Ivano we said ok!!

As I ran down his stairs (this was Saturday) with joy I slipped and sprained my ankle. Yeah, I basically couldn't walk the rest of the day. On Monday it got super purple and blue and was pretty big, but since then it's gone down. Haha. Hopefully it's just a sprain or twisted ankle and nothing more. Right now I've been walking on it and it's ok so don't worry.

We haven't really heard from Brunella much but I'm confident that with time things will work out. She knows these things are true but she needs to go forward with her faith. The guy from England, Christian, has fallen off a bit. It strange because he was so elect. Personally, I think his girlfriend or wife kind of scared him off or something. If he's truly elect though he will respond and come find us.

This last transfer has really been a good one! Although the work didn't go amazing it has really progressed. We've worked our butts off with the members and pretty soon there will be a lot of awesome referrals for the missionaries. Already there are so many people that the members are working with but they aren't at that ''give them to the missionary stage.'' This next transfer things are going to explode.

I've had some cool moments this last week in which multiple missionaries have thanked me for being a GEM (Grow Every Missionary program in the mission). Apparently, president while talking to the assistants used me as an example of being a GEM my entire mission. The assistant is the same missionary who took my place in Verona after I left and wanted to tell me. He also thanked me for 'Gemming' the city because he had such a wonderful transfer there.

Now I don't say this to vaunt or be prideful, obviously you know that, but it was a great 'feel good' moment. It helps me realize that all our efforts are never wasted. I can say that my mission would have been a serious letdown if I just given a mediocre  effort. I'm grateful the Lord has seen it fit to bless me for those efforts. I think that even without all the success in terms of baptisms I would say I was successful. I would be successful in the way that I've grown and changed. I'm so much more prepared for life and what it has in store (at least I hope so)...vediamo (we'll see).


Torino Efforts
 

Feeling Good About Pisa
 
Sanremo Blessings


















I totally planned on making a small email today...darn....lucky you.

Well I got some good goodies for you all....cookies.  Nah, I have some other gifts as well...most of which I will buy in Milano tomorrow...

Catch you later

No comments:

Post a Comment