Wednesday, September 26, 2012

In Tune And A Good "Christian"

Hey everyone!

Well I am managing to keep my head in the game. It's getting difficult the more others, members, talk or mention that I am leaving. My departure always seems to get brought up especially when we are planning or what not. Haha it's slowing down the clock big time. I guess I am exaggerating just a little though. 
Overlooking Sanremo
I'm definitely not as sad as I thought I would be to leave. I think the more I see the mission winding down I'm seeing that I've served the Lord and now I have a new way of serving. I'm excited to see how much more the work here in Sanremo will go though. On Sunday we were a bit down in our numbers over the week. We had gone to Milano which really took a chunk of our finding time away.

We lost a bunch of time when we went to another city and the brethren from Africa gave us a bidone. Well Sunday night rolled around and we were doing Casa in Casa (tracting). We got a call from this investigator Giovanna saying she was at the church waiting for us. We hadn't invited her the day before to come to church for the morning services. Well when we got there she realized nobody was there, of course nobody was because as it was 8:30pm. We explained that church is in the morning and we asked if she would like to go and have a lesson inside. She didn't really want to so we taught her outside where we were sitting.

The lesson went well but it's not the main part of the story. Right after we finished we had taken about 30 steps and we stopped this couple. We met Christian from England and his girlfriend Juliet from Nigeria. We got talking and right from the start it was clear that Christian was very in tune and was a good ''christian''. We started talking about the Restoration, the Book of Mormon and he was amazed. He said, ''really so there is a prophet today and this Book is new scripture?''. We talked for all of about 20 minutes and set up an appointment for the next night!

Well Monday night came around and we waited for awhile for them to show up in church. I then called them and apparently they'd just forgotten about the appointment. Well they came right after and we had a great lesson! Christian is so elect and just gets it! His girlfriend or wife, I'm not really sure yet, isn't quite as elect but is very kind. They both said yes to the soft baptismal invite! It was really a great blessing to our prayers. 
Sisters McNamara & Jones, Robinsons, and Elder Eveson
We've been talking a lot about our transfer vision and what we had visualized. Obviously with no baptisms we felt that we could still find and set 2 baptismal dates before the end of the transfer. We are praying that all will go well with these two new investigators. The miracle for me was the fact that they live here in Sanremo. When we first met them I thought for sure that they were tourists.

I had a great experience this week with prayer and receiving answers. I was really stressed out about district meeting and our English class. It was the end of the week and i really wasn't sure what i would do for either activities. I finally just figured I needed to first pray and then do my part in studying. Well, I prayed a ton and I used all my spare time to grind something out. In the end I was well prepared for English class even though I'm a terrible teacher of English. For district meeting while I was thinking I came across a talk that was perfect for our district. Leading up to both things I was just filled with lots of peace and I know that Heavenly Father was giving me a hand. It just adds for my love of the Gospel and teaching of the Savior when we witness the blessings after the trial of our faith.


Well, you guys don't get to excited but be ready to get your party on. I just hope Sawyer doesn't pee on me when I tackle him to the ground. He'll remember me quickly... just watch.

Love you all and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment