Tuesday, September 18, 2012

She Said Yes (to Baptism)!

What a great week! We came back strong from last week and really planned well all week long. We taught lots of members, people outside in the streets and showed our diligence to the Lord. We were able to find one investigator who seems to have lots of potential. Since the lesson though she's been busy and we are still trying to set something else up. She's a single mom, with a bf, but just isn't very happy in her life right now. It was great though to bring her a ball of joy during that lesson and see her own spirit cheer up. I've seen this so many times in the mission, people are filled with the spirit but they let laziness or doubts keep them from pursuing that light.

We had some really great news though towards the end of the week. As we talked with the Cangiallosi family they told us that Brunella would be coming to church. Well Sunday came and she came! She had a great time and so many of the sisters talked and conversed with her. Well we taught her after church and kind of figured out where she's at. She'd been blocked up at her house for a few weeks and we hadn't spoken in weeks. She said she read often from the Book of Mormon and feels great as she reads it. We helped her understand that it was the Spirit and we then read 2 Nephi 31 together and invited her to be baptized on the 29 of this month. She said yes! It was really really awesome. I felt such a strong spirit as she told us why she would do it. Now we just need to start teaching her so we can prepare her. We hope that 3 weeks is enough, but we have to see her a lot. We are seeing her tomorrow but since Sunday we weren't able to meet. Pray so that her work lets her transfer to Sanremo because it will be a big help for her.

I also needed to mention that can't really write about investigators problems anymore. I guess the Area Presidency really came down hard on our mission because missionaries mention to many things both about investigators and companions. So if I accidentally say anything just be sure not to write about it on my BLOG.  Thanks!

This last week we worked a lot with members. We read in PMG and did lots of role plays with them. They all seem to be able to open their mouths and talk about the church but most members, I speak of everywhere I've been, don't give invites to act. We did role plays practicing teaching quick restored principles, testifying and then giving an invite. It went really well and we actually helped them realize with which friends they could do it with. We haven't gotten a lot of referrals yet but we have many members now planting some seeds. It's also a great confidence booster for them and helps them grow trust in us. Boy, I wish I had done this earlier in the mission because I could have seen a lot more success.

There is one particular thing I need you all to pray about. I have been so tired lately. During the day I am fine but the last month I've been struggling to get up. I get up on time but it's just about the hardest thing in the world right now. Every time I start to say a personal prayer I fall asleep. I've been falling asleep a lot in my nightly prayers and I'm losing out on a lot of blessings because of it. Pray that I can stay awake until my prayers are finished. It sounds stupid and I've been trying hard.

Felice and his family haven't been to church for the last two weeks. They did come last week to the baptism which was after church. They are doing pretty well though, and, yes, Felice received the priesthood about 3 weeks ago. They were shocked when they figured out I was finishing the mission in a matter of weeks. I know I had told them multiple times though haha. The African brethren are doing ok. We only had one come to church last week. It takes a lot of effort on our part to keep them coming and keep them active. I can't imagine what it would be like if we lost our telephone and couldn't call them.

How many time do I get asked by other missionaries and my companion, ''so what transfer are you in?''. Haha, too many times. I was thinking the other day about what I would do the first couple days after getting back. I quickly put together a list of all the movies I would be watching on Saturday. As I looked over the great list I remembered General Conference. Haha well at least it's more edifying and more spiritual. I'm excited for it and ready to get some good revelation. I was bummed to think I would have to wait to see most of the people in church.

List of things to do...

I haven't though about the school thing yet or about work. I'm just trying my best to stay concentrated on the work. I have a feeling the last 3 weeks are going to go by slow.....I'm also thinking about buying a bunch of Italian cookies because:  1)i love them 2) it's something cheap I can bring and share with everyone.

I'm looking to get a painting either next week or the week after. I still need to choose one.

Is their anything else you (mom and dad), the girls or Andy want? I can't promise I can get it, but I could try.

Love you all and I'm getting so excited to see you all...Abbracio e Bacio..

No comments:

Post a Comment