Monday, September 24, 2012

I Love Missionary Work!

Ciao tutti. Non vedo l'ora di vederve! (Hi everyone.  I can't wait to see you all!)

You are just going to have to grind out these last few weeks. Time is slowing down but it's been giving me a lot of mental preparation. I keep thinking about what I will do, what I want to do and what the Lord wants me to do. Boy am I glad that I learned how to plan out my day as a missionary. I feel like it's going to give me so much time everyday to accomplish all the things I need to do.

Things here in Sanremo are going pretty good. We've been able to see Brunella a few times since last week. We will probably end up changing her baptismal date to October but she's still loving the Gospel. She's waiting right now for her work to decide whether she needs to return to work or if she can get medical leave. She's been talking with lots of people to figure the whole thing out. It's made it really difficult though because it's possible that they confine her to her home. We're praying that she'll get medical leave, with her leg being injured, and be able to leave home when she wants. She is hanging in like a trooper though and is learning how to rely on Heavenly Father.
New Investigator Luz (from Argentina)
Ivano is progressing. I think our threats, threats is a little strong, of dropping him are pushing him a bit. He's been accepting our invites and his mom even came to church on Sunday. It was funny because when we asked him if she'd like to come he said probably not. Moments after Ilde, Ivano's mom, came into the room and I asked her. She told us, ''Sure, I would love to come.'' They came together with the Genovese family and I think she enjoyed it.

We are determined to find more people this week. The assistants challenged us to get 7 investigators this week so we have to. So far we are at zero. We spent all Monday teaching our brothers from Africa and having district meeting. Yesterday we woke up at 5:45 and had to catch the train at 6:50 to Milano for a small conference. We got there are 10:50 and we finished around 4:30. We ended up catching our train around 7 and got home at 11:30. haha long day. So we have a lot of ground to make up but I have a lot of hope and faith for this week. There are 4 or 5 people already that we just need to get hold of and set up appointments with.

Sanremo Morning


At the end of the conference me and one of the other ''dying'' missionaries bore our testimonies. Usually the missionaries going home bear their testimonies in their last conference. It was super weird but I felt the spirit so much in the moments leading up to my turn. Again I felt it as I bore testimony and listened to the others after. I've been nervous about post-mission life but I think a lot of the nervousness has left.

It's been really difficult lately with the brothers from Africa. They are all being kicked out of their camps on Dec. 31. Because of this they've all been really worried and I would be, too. We try to encourage them as much as we can but I can't promise them a home, documents or a job. Maybe I can, I would like to, can I? I feel the best thing to do is to promise them that if they will be obedient and do what is asked of them by God then everything will be OK. I feel for them so much and I've really grown close to them over the last few months. It will be nearly impossible to remain in contact with them after the mission. They have phones but none have email and none of them have fixed housing. It's the same story with those in Pavia.

I came away with some really great stuff from the conference yesterday. I realized that I need to better put my soul into this work and not just my strength. I really want to focus on putting my whole soul into the work along with all my strength. Hopefully it'll pay off over the last two weeks. I've really come though to grow such a desire to serve in the church and live up to my priesthood calling. I think that has been one of the biggest things that will push me after I get back. There are a lot of things I've learned, but I won't bore y'all.

Whew, meno male (thank goodness) the Utes won! I would have pulled my hair out if the Utes had been on the other side of that game.

Well thanks for the great emails, pictures and updates.

I heard great news yesterday that Martino, the 19 years who got baptized in Verona, baptized a lady from the other Verona ward. He's already baptized someone! I guess he played a big role in helping her decide to get baptized, too. He also spoke in the Verona Stake conference, well he bore his testimony! The missionaries said that his testimony just silenced everyone and hit them hard spiritually. I love missionary work. I'm so glad that I didn't give up in Verona even though we had like zero success in the time I was there.

Well I love you all.....16 days? Eh, who's counting? Not me.

By the way I think Jack is probably taller than me. Mom what's the deal? Why didn't he get any Taylor genes?

1 comment:

  1. hey, so my name is Christopher Dean, I was Tucker's 2nd comp in Torino. Anyway, I'm at BYU and wanted to know when and where Tucker's homecoming would be so I could come and see him! Email me at
    christopherdeanloveslife@gmail.com

    GRAZIE!

    ReplyDelete