Monday, May 9, 2011

The Italians Are Forcing Us To Eat!

It sounds like a lot is going on there in Salt Lake. Soccer, wedding......well maybe not (due to flooding). Just kidding, I'm sure the wedding is plenty of work. I'm pretty bummed that I wont get to be there, go through the temple, see my bro.... lucky!(Napoleon Dynamite voice)
It is all good though, I'm not letting it affect me in any way. Like all missionaries, I hope, we all made the decision to serve the Lord these two years and dedicate ourselves to bring to pass this great work. Are you guys coming up with some way to add me into all the photos? If not ya better. I was looking through some of my pictures on my camera this morning from the MTC and recent photos. Haha, I have definitely added some puff to my cheeks. What can I say? The Italians are forcing us to eat food.

Easter was pretty fun. We got invited to go over to a member's house for lunch that lives here in Pavia. As I have explained before, there aren't very many members that live here in the city. Most of them live about 20 or 30 minutes away. Anyways we went and ate and boy did they make a lot of food. By the end of it I was just dead. We then walked home which took like 20 minutes and boy was that a long walk. We got over the hump though and did finding work the rest of the night. We had two really sad yet enlightening experiences. We found this poor guy, kinda a bum who was just sitting waiting for the bus. We talked for a good 20 minutes about the plan of salvation and about what he is lacking in his life. He explained that he eats in the Caritas(equivalent of the soup kitchen) and is basically a bum. We set up a time to come back in the same spot and talk the next day. The next day however he was kinda drunk and so we only talked with him briefly. It was just interesting to see how bad off some people are and how much the gospel can bring to them if they just try. People are just so lazy sometimes and think that trying to change is just to hard. They think that to be converted to the true gospel of Jesus Christ is such a long road or process. It is amazing how wrong they are though. It is so easy to accept Christ as our Savior, to repent of our wrong doings and just do as Christ would do.

Here in Italy, the day after Easter, or maybe just 5 April is a really big holiday. I think it is the unification of Italy or something. Anyways we went to a ward party at the Calio families house. They lived like a good 30 minutes from Pavia though so we got a ride with new convert Domingo; I like the sound of that, new convert... Domingo's wife came, too, and the house we went to was awesome. I totally should have taken my camera but oh well. Their house was kind of isolated and was back in some hill/mountains. The scenery was awesome though and my comp said it looked like Tuscany. I thought that on Sunday we ate a lot of food and boy was I wrong. They kept bringing out so much food and by the end I was dead again. We had gone running in the morning to work off Sunday's feast which helped a lot though. About 30 or so members had been invited including Gianluca, haha who I now have realized is super weird haha. Don't ask me why, it is just funny.

Anziano Cluff, the kid who I scambiod with a couple times and is in my district, just went home the other day. He has been struggling quiet a bit, but it didn't help being with Anziano Poulson. He wasn't such a good example for the kid. Oh well...We had a really fun week this week and were able to teach a lot of less actives.

Daniel is loving our lessons and is reading, everything he needs to be doing, except coming to church. He was going to come last week but he went to Torino for an Easter party. We are going to really focus on the importance of church though this week so send us your prayers that he will come.

Thanks so much for the info and updates, it is awesome to hear from you all.

Mom, what was the name of the ex-missionary whose teeth you cleaned?...It is very true that Fratello Almarante is awesome and we have eaten at his house a few times. His food sucks too, but it's cool. When we go we usually just cook for ourselves. He is such a funny guy though.

Well I love you all... yes, you should send me some pics dad.

Ciao...tuck

No comments:

Post a Comment