Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fifth Companion in Five Transfers

How we doing everyone?....Ok, well last week I actually did write you all an email. I had some pictures attached to it but I don't think it sent. I will try and resend it though after. What is up with you guys not writing last Wednesday though huh?.....just kidding. I don't think I got your emails until after I had done my Internet, so oh well.

This week has been pretty interesting for us. I will start off by saying that I'm staying in PAVIA!.....haha the other news is that I will have my 5th companion in 5 transfers! What the heck? It's not me I swear! I'm either just the worst missionary in the mission or I'm the best(I'd like to think the second option). Nah, I'm just messing. The Lord has his plans and I obey them. We are supposed to be with certain missionaries in certain places at certain times. I will be serving with Anziano Barnes who right now has been serving in Milano. He is only one transfer above me and I knew him pretty well in the MTC. He is super kid and is pretty fluent in the language so it will be another awesome transfer in which I can learn a lot. What am I saying? I will learn a lot in every transfer. So yeah he is a super cool kid and I feel we will work together really well. Anziano Marino and Anziano Barnes are just switching places basically. I think my companion might be relieved to be leaving, but I'm not quite sure. We have definitely had our hard moments with each other, frustrating moments with communication.

I'm excited though to be able to do another transfer in Pavia. We worked super super hard this transfer doing casa, strada and all the other ways you can do missionary work. Our pool of investigators is super down right now but we are going forward and continuing to work hard. It was kind of a dagger in the heart the other night with our lesson with Daniel. We hadn't seen him for almost two weeks because of the baby. After that it was hard because he was having to make up for lost time in work. We finally saw him and he told has he had started smoking again. We come to find out that he was really only following the Word of Wisdom because its for our health and it saves money, not because it is a commandment. He kinda went on to tell us he wants to find his Will or drive to follow the commandments before he decides to follow them. It was a super confusing lesson, for me anyway because a lot of it was in french between him and my companion. We aren't going to be meeting with him as often either but Saturday we are going over so hopefully it will go well. I think the main thing is that his life is super stressful right now with work, the baby and other stuff. I still have faith in him though and that he will make the right decisions.

Apart from sort of kind of losing Daniel we had some good news this week. So there is this 15 year old girl that comes every once and awhile with the Virzo Family. We taught her after church about a month ago and her name is Francesca. So she has come the last two weeks and last Sunday her mom came. We introduced ourselves but other than that we didn't talk a whole lot. Yesterday Sorella Virzo called us and told us that in two weeks the entire family wants to come to church and afterwards have a lesson with us. She told us that they were impressed that as misisonaries we are normal (that was good to hear). The parents of Francesca had been having marital problems and they both feel that the church will be able to help them become closer. We were so stoked to here, seriously, what better way to heal a marriage then to listen to the message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

That is super cool that Chad and Emily are moving back to SLC!!!!That will be super cool. I feel so so blessed that almost all of our family lives in the state of Utah and better yet, almost all of them live in the Salt Lake Valley. I cant believe Andy has an apartment. I didn't realize that I won't have a roommate when I return from the mission. You guys better watch out, lets hope that loneliness doesn't urge me to go and get married right away. Just kidding. Mom asked me about Domingo. Domingo is in fact married, but right now I don't think his wife has any desire to know about the gospel. I think he has lived here in Italy for about 15 years but only 2 years or so here in Pavia. He was reading on his own in True to the Faith and read about the Patriarchal Blessings and he asked us the other day if he can get one. It was pretty cool.

Dad!...what is up?...This may be the first time that mom has beat you in the sports section. She definitely kicked your butt this week. I feel bad for you really. Thanks Mom! haha. That is super cool the JAZZ got the 3rd pick in the draft. How did they pull that off?(trade up? Luck of of the draw?).

LOVE YOU ALL!

Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment