Thursday, July 7, 2011

Right From The Start I Knew We Would Have Success

Well, our first week in Modena together has been nothing but miracles. Anziano Hutchinson is a stud. I think I already told you all but he is from Bountiful and is in the transfer below me. He has only been here in Modena for one transfer though. Combined we don't know like any of the ward and we don't know the city very well. Haha but.....we plan on getting to know all of the members by teaching them and helping them to help others find the Restored Gospel.

I have seen quite a bit of Modena already and it is amazing. It is a relatively big city and there are many Africans here(haha I love Africans). Neither of us know of the history here, so Dad, you will have to fill me in on that stuff. It is super cool though. Oh yeah... my camera is a Nikon camera. I remembered to check it this week.

I can definitely say I have been a bit stressed out(really not too bad) about being district leader. I was more stressed out about what I would plan for our first district meeting but it went super, super well and was really fun. I don't think I have prayed so much in the mission to this point haha. The sisters that also work here in Modena, and are in my district, are awesome. They are just tearing it up right, and have like 5 really solid people ready and getting baptized soon.

When I got here the first thing I asked my companion was how the work was going. haha. He told me that it was ok. I soon found out that it was a bit less than ok haha. I found out that we had only a couple investigators and that they were all pretty flimsy. They are all kinda taking themselves out of the picture. Seeing this only helped my faith and my excitement grow. Right from the start I KNEW that we would have success. Right from the beginning I felt that within no time we would have investigators, we would have people with baptismal dates and people wanting to learn about the Restored Gospel. We have already seen so much success together in the week we have been together. We have a few people with baptismal dates, and we have so, so so many people wanting to hear the message of the Restored Gospel. It is so amazing to see how with faith, miracles happen.

This week we have been doing a scambio with the traveling assistants. They usually go to the younger missionaries and especially because I'm a new district leader that has no clue what I'm doing ... haha. I was with Anziano Duersh though who is just a stud. My companion was with Anziano Bolnick (yeah,yeah my old comp is a one of the traveling assistants). I have heard so much about him (Anziano Duersh) already during the mission about how great of a missionary he is. We had just finished a lesson the other night and started to walk to our planned working zone. As we were walking we stopped this African and immediately started talking about Jesus Christ and how we can become closer to him in this life. The African immediately said "no no, I'm really tired and I have heard enough people say these exact same things." We said well ok, and we asked for his number so that we could maybe call him another day and speak with him. I handed him a Book of Mormon pass-along card and then proceeded to write his number down. While I was writing it down, he asked, "what is this book?". We then proceeded to explain what it was and he then said "well, I guess we could talk for like 15 minutes." This then led to him telling us we could come to his house which was very close and explain more about this book and where it comes from. We went on to have an awesome lesson in which he asked tons of amazing questions that were all answered by the message of the Restoration. He said he felt prompted to let us come and speak with him. He had also told us how he hadn't prayed in a very long time, but at the end of the lesson he agreed to say the pray. Immediately after the pray there was the strongest presence of the spirit. It was so awesome!

It was amazing how powerful the message of the Restoration is and how our message is so unique. It went from him telling us that he was too tired and wanted to go home, to having a super awesome lesson in which he prayed for the first time in 7 months. This is all because we gave him a pass along card of the Book of Mormon.




















We have seen so many miracles this week it is ridiculous. My small amount of stress I have had getting used to my new duties has turned into stress over having too many interested people to call. Seriously! haha really I'm not stressed, but its been difficult the past couple of days trying to schedule time for all these people. It is so awesome how great faith brings so much success.

Mom, I haven't been able to think of any gelato flavors for you. If I could give you my favorite it would probably be Nocciola but that could be hard to make. Thanks for the pictures and the story about Ruby haha. All we did for the 4th was do missionary work!!!!! and make cookies. We have a golf driving range close to our apartment so we might hit that up next week for P-day...or maybe the Ferrari factory or maybe Verona?...who knows what fun lies ahead?

I love you all and I look forward to inform you how the work is going next week. Thanks so much for the emails.

Siete Bravissimi (You're Awesome).

No comments:

Post a Comment