Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Five of the Africans in Pavia Were Baptized

What's Upsys everyone?

Come state? Questa settimanna è andato molto bene per noi. Abbiamo insegnato quasi venti lezioni ma portroppo non abbiamo riaggunto la nostra meta per la settimanna. La cosa bella è che cela facciamo la prossima! Questa meta di venti lezioni è molto divertente perchè ci aiuta a lavorare con tutta la nostra forza. Ci aiuta a andare oltre la nostra capacità e mettere la nostra fede nel Signore Gesù Cristo. Quindi questa settimanan insegneremo venti lezione sicuramente. Mi piace questa meta anche perchè ci aiuta a milgiorare i nostri insegnamenti e aiuta a diventare migliori insegnanti.

Communque.....It was great to hear from you all. This last week has gone pretty well like I was saying. We had some really cool things happen for us. I think I mentioned that we had started teaching the son of a women who was just baptized about a week ago. We set a baptismal date with him, Ettora, last Monday! He will hopefully be baptized the 6th of August. We aren't quite sure though; we originally planned to do it the 13th but Ettora will be on vacation those days. We aren't sure if we have enough time to teach him everything so were debating if we will do it when he gets back from vacation. Obviously the sooner the better right? Don't procrastinate the day of repentance.

On Sunday evening we were doing finding work and my phone started ringing. I looked down and saw on the phone "President Wolfgramm"...immediately I thought, "uh oh....crap" haha. The only time President Wolfgramm calls is basically when there will be a space transfer. Luckily he was not calling to transfer either of us. He was calling to tell us that he was in Pavia Sunday morning and was able to see 5 baptisms! So this last week I think 5 of the Africans that me and Anziano Barnes found and taught were baptized! I was so excited when he told me. It was super cool. President also told me that if all goes well then two more of the Africans will be baptized this next week. They are probably the ones who didn't understand English either and needed the other Africans to translate. So awesome though!
Tucker's African friends in Pavia

So Andy came down with a little fever? That is great to hear that he is doing better. I can't imagine having to get a huge needle put into my spine. I bet that hurt a ton. Where are Andy and Clara gonna be moving?

I haven't noticed anything super different about the food here. I'm not one that is good at judging quality or anything like that. I just eat what is there and if I like it then I like it haha. It is either good or bad haha so I don't really know what to tell ya about the food. I also totally forgot to figure out what our address is but since you mentioned sending sports stuff I will not forget next week. That is a promise.

I got to admit I'm a little jealous that you're all going to the cabin. You will have to send a few pics my way after you get back. If that place ever gets sold I will be so bummed. Too many fun times and good memories. Italy is just better than ever though right now. This last week has been super,super hot. Today and yesterday though have been nice. Yesterday it rained and today it is super fresh and cool outside. PERFETTISSIMO! At the same time you can already see the city of Modena starting to empty as people leave on vacation. haha it will be an interesting August.

Well thanks for the sports updates. Hopefully the Cards can just blow everyone out of the water during the second half. Dad, I'm looking forward to much news about Ute football. Yes dad, I said much news. Good luck with work; I'm super stoked for you. Mom I'm stoked for you too becasue now you don't have to worry about everyone in the ward...as much. Good luck with your new calling what ever it may be.

Well I love you all and will talk to you next week!

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment