Sunday, September 25, 2011

"The Power of Example"

August 31 E-mail:

What's up everyone? What's happening in SLC?

Is everyone gearing up for an incredible season with the UTES in the PAC-12? I bet...I'm even pretty excited and I won't even get to see any of the games. Well things have returned to normal here in Modena. Dad you are right about the weather, it has cooled down considerably. It has gone from being literally blazing hot to nice and cool. It's amazing!!!

I was excited to see some pictures from the cabin. Man I love our cabin!! I think I express that every time it gets brought up. It is hard to think that it's been a whole year since we were there right before I left to the MTC. Everyone says that year two of the mission goes by faster than the second. If this is the case than I'm kinda scared because this first year flashed by. I refuse to believe it has been this long haha.



Well we finally got back in the groove and hit our mark of 20 lessons this week. We also were able to get back teaching Ettore! It was really cool seeing him again and hearing that he has been keeping all the commandments! He really does have a desire to know if these things are true. His only problem right now is that he can't seem to get an answer. We have been trying lots of things to help him to recognize an answer or find his answer. Hopefully our lesson with him tonight will go well.

Giuseppe is really struggling right now. We reset a baptismal date with him this past week and we could really see his desire to be baptized. All of his problems just seem to heavy for him though. We set a smoking plan to help him stop and he basically failed it after the first day and basically hasn't tried. He is basically alone because his wife left him and he doesn't get to see his kids often. He worries about everything and frankly I don't blame him. Right now I think the biggest thing we can do is get members to the lessons and get some support. I strongly feel that the members will be able to provide some much needed support because we as misisonaries can only do so much. Hopefully we can find some stud members to help us out. We got a couple of them in mind.

Well this is more of a miracle for the sister misisonaries in my district I guess but I will tell it anyway. This last Friday we were out doing strada in centro. We had been doing a Fast that day with Ettore(so he coulD get his answer). We we're passing by a market and of course we were hungry so we decided to stop really quick and check it out. We had seen this market a ton but never went inside. We saw some really good dolce that we wanted to buy for after when we ended our fast. While we were waiting in line a lady we had met about a week earlier stopped us and started talking with us. Of course we recognized her because she was super funny and old haha and we had a nice little chat.

The miracle of this story is that during district meeting on Monday the sisters told us that one of their investigators had seen us that day. He told the sisters that he overheard us talking with this lady and was very impressed with us. He said that he's seen us before and that we always had good things to say. The sisters went on to tell us that it really helped him to have the desire to learn more from them and want to be baptized! It was cool for us because we didn't know we were being "watched"(sounds kinda weird) but people really do watch our every move. It helps me to know that we need to always be witnesses of Christ and act like he would. I know that as we do this others will see our example and want to follow.

So that is cool that oly soccer is doing great 4-2-1? not too shabby. Hopefully they can continue to kick butt. I don't know that it is Hillary's birthday on the 17th...I'm not that bad of a brother...Dai!

I spent some time today looking for something to get her for her birthday but I couldn't think of a darn thing. Any ideas? I'm looking at something under 20 euro because it will also cost lots to send it back to Utah. If you mention clothing, try to send me measurements in Italian.

So dad?....you gonna send me some salsa?..?

Also I forgot to mention...I did send the the right address but I left out the number to our mailbox. It isn't a huge deal because the mailbox has our name on it, but it will make it easier....our mailbox number is #15.

I saw some cool stuff this week. The highlight(of coincidences or interesting things that happened) was talking with an African that went to TCU for track and said he'd been to Utah. We also saw a bum walking the street in a UNLV jersey. Just thought I would let you know

Love you guys a ton...are you excited for General Conference? I am in shock that it is already almost conference again. Feels like yesterday that I was in Milano with Anziano Bolnick watching conference.

Well watch some good movies for me. Mi sento la mancanza di vedere le film. è stato già un anno che non li ho visto però addess io ho un macchina di DVD!....haha love you guys so much

CIAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment