Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Streak Is Over (a two transfer companionship)!

Tucker's E-mail of August 9:

What's up! Alright Dad I'm expecting to get a Utah football review at our apartment as I am not being transferred. Our companionship is staying the same for this next transfer. There would be no point moving us around anyway because Anz. Hutchinson has only been here for one more transfer than me. My streak of companions though has ENDED! I think I will actually be able to start teaching super, super well together. It's pretty hard to develop that teaching bond in only 6 weeks.



That is freaking awesome that Ellis got called to the West Indies. That is just super crazy that things like that happen. Our ward is just a mystery like that though with everyone going to the same missions. Will he be speaking french or English?

I actually didn't go to Verona last week. We emailed in Mantova last week with Anziano Glowa(who is actually training again this next transfer), but the train time to Verona was way too late. If we had gone we would have only had like 1 1/2 hours and just wasted money. Instead we rode back to Modena and just hung out. I will have to go another time though next transfer for sure.

Well Ettore is doing really well. He just went in vacanza (vacation) this last week and we won't see him for 1-2 weeks which kinda sucks but...oh well. He has really just been a stud. He is from Congo but has lived here basically his whole life and speaks Italian perfectly. His mom and sister were baptized by the sister missionaries here about 4 weeks ago. Right now his baptismal date is August 27th.

We also have a bunch of others we are teaching like Giuseppe and Luigi. Giuseppe is about 45 ish i think and is separated from his wife. We spent a lot of time at the beginning of the teaching process talking about the Atonement. He has struggled to find time to read and works on Sunday so it has been a struggle with him. He is starting to be a lot more positive, happy and is starting to read more which is really good. Luigi used to be really rich and tells us almost every time we teach him. Apparently he lost about 11 million dollars about 4 years ago and still doesn't know why God would let this happen. He is just starting to become more positive. He actually told us last night that he meets with us because of how positive we are and how loving we are towards him. He wants to take us out to this super expensive Brazilian restaurant and buy us tons of expensive meat (we will see if that happens). I usually don't like to do those kinda things especially now with all of the potential investigators and success we are having.

We are really starting to realize though how much more simple we need to teach. Teaching simply is probably one of the hardest things for me right now. I'm better than I used to be but haha it's hard. We are also really striving to teach people and not lessons. Teaching to people's needs rather than trying to teach all the stuff that is written in PMG. It can definitely be a struggle sometimes, but the people need to be our focus. It will be fun to get better at that.

It was fun last week to push ourselves to get 20 lessons. Unfortunately, we didn't reach and we only got 17 but considering we were in Milano all the live long day for the training conference, we didn't do too bad. I'm really proud...yeah I'm proud...with the success we have had this transfer in teaching lessons. We haven't and probably won't see any baptisms this transfer but I think we put ourselves in good position for this transfer to come.

You will have to keep filling me in with Oly soccer. I was so into it last year, hopefully next year I will get to catch the last little bit of Hillary's soccer season. If I remember correctly when I left to the MTC their season was still going.

Mom! I gotsta hear some of the latest Ty and Sam stories. It has been far too long since I heard something.

I love you all and I guess we will talk next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment