Thursday, October 27, 2011

I Don't Think I've Had a Better Sunday in the Mission

From September 28, 2011 E-mail

Ciao Famiglia Mia,

Questa settimanna è stato uno che mi piacuto tantissimo. (It was a great week) Ho ricevuto una collega che già mi piace e che mi aiuterà molto con questo grande lavoro che facciamo ogni giorno. (I got a companion that I like already and that will help me a ton in this great work that we do every day)

So Anziano Hardy is from Las Vegas, just like Anziano Frustacci who is in our apartment. He is a tad bit taller than me at 6'5.......haha....fun stuff. He's starting his 5th transfer while I am starting my 8th!!!! Yeah I am pretty amazed that tomorrow is my year mark! Me and Anziano Frustatci are trying to think of something we can do. I dunno though...We'll think of something. My companion is a stud though and is coming from Treviso where he was his first 4 transfers. He is coming from a rather lazy missionary from what I've heard so he is anxious to get started. He speaks really well and I'm rather jealous of the accent that he's already learned. We will be able to teach each other a lot this transfer.


This week our miracle was having all three of our baptismal dates in church! Edmond, Antonio and Piero all came Sunday. We had another cool African come to church for the fourth or fifth time but we haven't been able to sit down and teach him yet. If we can I think we can bring him into the kingdom of God. It was amazing to see all three of them in church learning about the gospel outside of the lessons we teach as missionaries. They are mingling, talking and getting to the know the members and it's AWESOME! I don't think i have had a better Sunday in the mission. One of them even told me his mother had died that morning but he felt he needed to come to church. We were actually able to teach him after sacrament meeting our planned lesson which just happened to be the 2nd part of the plan of salvation. He was edified and we were edified with the spirit. I know that he left church that day knowing that he could see his mother again. It was also finally a relief to have my companion translate for Edmond this week. I have had to translate the last 4 or 5 weeks for him.

Today we finished doing a scambio with the Zone Leaders which was super fun. I was able to go with Anziano Armenise(Italian). He is about 27 yrs old haha and is about as mature as I am haha. I really learned a lot and I got to get some awesome Italian practice in. It is just so hard to SYL(speak your mission language) with another American outside of lessons and other things. haha English is so much easier. We will get it going though. Anyway, I realized how awesome it would be to serve in your own country....He is an awesome misisonary. I think it helps just a tad when you don't have to worry about the language and just focus on teaching the message of the restored gospel. It was hilarious listening to his English though haha. I taught him to say "hey home slice" and told him to say it to the other missionaries when we got back to the apartment. When we finally got home at the end of the night I told him to say it and it came out like this "hey how's life" haha.

Tucker, Elder Hardy and the ZLs







Well the work is going great. We had Edmond, Antonio and Piero in church Sunday and they are all doing great. They all want to be baptized and members of the church. I think for Piero we still got to help him understand the overall importance of our message and of the Atonement of Christ. He is super cool though, we are trying to get him involved in the ward more because he seems a little too attached to us, the missionaries and not the message(just a bit).

As far as Modena goes....I'm happy to be here for another transfer. I really do like Modena a lot. As far as comparing it to the other cities....I like the ward of Pavia the most but I like the city of Modena better than Pavia(it's bigger). Torino is awesome but I just feel like everything that happened in Torino was a blur haha. I would love to go back to Torino though but I think the only way that will happen is if I'm a zone leader there. Modena was built on a swamp apparently so sometimes we will be walking and turn a corner and that particular street will just stink super bad. It isn't too bad but every once and awhile it will just stink really bad haha.

My clothes are holding up relatively well. Both my suits are in pretty good condition. I have been keeping the extra pair of pants packed away and am just using one pair. I will probably try and do that until the end of the mission unless they start falling apart. Hopefully the suit coats can endure the second year. My two other pants that I have that aren't apart of the suits(the ones I wear practically everyday during the summer) are getting worn out. I'm thinking about going to a Chinese store and buying some cheap ones. My shoes are doing so so. They look ok on the outside because I shine them every so often but inside they are just so so. I think I can get through the mission with them but I'm not positive. I really don't want to spend money on clothes unless I have to. Don't worry about clothes though, I will take care of that stuff if I need to.

Christmas is coming up.....I'm not really sure if I will be here for Christmas. I would love to get some goodies though(treats). If I'm gonna get some treats though it has to be some good stuff. I think I will do ok with Pezzz...sun flower seeds and drink mixes.

It is great to hear how you are all doing. It's awesome to see the pictures of the cousins and see how they are growing. haha. Little Sammy in his football gear..such a stud. I'm pumped that the Utes are about to jump into the thick of things. It'd be cool too if the Cards made the playoffs.

I hope all is going well with everything else. Anybody get married that I would know? Anyone die? Any family members coming to church that weren't in the past? How's Connor doing? He said he was gonna send me a letter but I have yet to get one.

Oh yeah...I found a cool little giraffe thing that was like 1 euro. I bought it cause when I saw it I just laughed and thought how Amy Christensen loves giraffes. So I will try sending that home with some other crap around Christmas or something.


Ci Sentiamo e Vi Amo un millione, specialmente Sawyer boy

No comments:

Post a Comment