Monday, October 31, 2011

"No Drums, Singing, and Dancing in Sacrament Meeting?"

From Tucker's October 26, 2011 e-mail:

Hey everyone!....thanks for the emails this week it was fun hearing about all your lives. I gotta say this last month has just flown by. It went from being super nice at the beginning of the month to freezing cold. It has been raining for the past 3 or 4 days now. It has rained non-stop for the past two days. Overall though it isn't too bad we just had to switch to our winter gear super fast. haha It is definitely making it hard to go out and run in the mornings. I have been absolutely terrible at it this transfer haha. We are making a stand this week though and gonna force ourselves to get moving.

So Danny is getting hitched soon? haha that is crazy. Who's the girl that he's marrying? Anyone I know? What kind of car did Andy and Clara buy? I would definitely go with the superman costume for Sawyer. How did the other cousins do in their football seasons? Ben...Jack, Sammy, Andy's team? Is Ben tearing it up in high school ball?

Well we are coming to a close for this transfer. Right now it's mid-way through week #5 and my roomies all think I'm gonna be moved somewhere else. I had not even thought about going somewhere else. For me it feels like I just arrived here even though it was more than 4 months ago. I would really like to stay for another transfer but unfortunately it's not up to me. I would really love to do another transfer with Anziano Hardy. I think we've worked really well together this transfer, and it's been a lot of fun. It's been fun serving with so many companions, heck I've had 7 companions in 8 transfers. It's 8 companions if you include the MTC. It's difficult to really teach with great unity in only 6 weeks of living together. I think thus far I've handled it pretty well, and adapted to the constant changing. After all it's not what I want but what the Lord wants and I'm perfectly fine with that.

This week has been pretty fun though. Our English class is going well and we are getting lots of people coming and learning. We do need to adapt a little bit of our church's message into the other stuff. We start with prayers, most of the time and sometimes end with them. Usually that all depends if the members are there helping us teach the class. It's really fun though and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Our new convert Edmond has been struggling a lot lately. His financial situation is not improving seeing that he has no job. His landlord is threatening to kick him out for not having money to pay rent. We've been praying a lot and trying to help but assuring him everything will be OK. He is doing a great job of hanging in there, but it's definitely hard on him.

Ettore and his family are doing really well. They struggle to get to church sometimes because they don't always have a car. Ettore's stepfather has one but he is not a member and usually takes it on Sundays leaving them with no way to get to church. The members have been good though with trying to provide rides. They are both super awesome and Ettore has really meshed well with the GANZ(young single adults). He participates often in the activities that they do.

Antonio is doing GREAT! We are also gearing up for his baptism(will I be around for it, who knows?) He has a great friend already in the ward in Mario, who helps us often with his lessons. Tammaro is doing OK but still his problems from his failed marriage and not having money just keeps interfering with our teaching. It's obviously great to listen to them and their concerns but the gospel of Jesus Christ is what will help them through their problems. If they would just be patient and listen then they would certainly be blessed. I also realize how much we need to be patient and just love them. I realize everyday how much more I need to grow my love for everyone.

It was great to see our long-time investigator Steven finally come to church! He's the 18 year old who is very involved in his other church. He called us early Sunday morning to inform us(he actually called and said "I'm calling to inform you that I will be coming today") that he'd be coming with his friend, new-convert, Castro. The next time we met with him though he was confused to the fact that there were no drums, loud singing, and dancing in our sacrament meeting...AGHHHHHH...haha. Apparently there is a verse in the Bible talking about King David, and how there was dancing and drums and what not....Steven likes that verse a lot..haha. His constant "examples"(which do not EVER relate to the topic of discussion) are never ending. His questions that do not relate in anyway sometimes are just more funny than anything. We are continuing to work with him though because he has a desire to know and follow our Savior Jesus Christ. Charity and love are the keys. Without them we are nothing, as it says in Corinthians 13(i think it's 13)

Hope the Cards win.....lame the Utes suck.....Packers! yeah......Jazz? Chissà (who knows)?

Well I love you all.

Ci sentiamo la settimanna prossima (Until next week)

No comments:

Post a Comment