Friday, October 28, 2011

"You are doing an amazing work, keep going and preaching the word"

From Tucker's October 5, 2011 E-mail:

The Utes' loss has left me in such a traumatized state that I really don't feel like writing this week. I wish I could say that but nah...it didn't really affect me at all. I can say I am super excited when they win but when they lose it does nothing....Sounds like I'm becoming a real missionary huh?

I also just hit my hump day! I have come to realize that I am pretty content with where I'm at language wise. I still have a long ways to go 'til I can really master it but I have an entire year. I just need to keep pushing myself to study the language and practice, practice, practice. Living in four is soooooo hard haha. It's not that we are apostate in any way it's that we love to just talk with each other during our lunch period or when we come home at night. We are figuring how to work it out though and limit our conversation so we can study and continue are regular missionary schedule.

Well, the work is really coming along here in Modena. The new companionship of missionaries that just opened here are really flourishing. They are just kicking some Italian butt and really doing awesome. We are also doing very well and we are preparing for Edmond's baptism this weekend. He originally asked me to baptize him but I persuaded him that it'd be better if a member did it. He's super pumped and actually called me the other morning to tell me he had a dream about me??? haha He called and just started telling me how I was amidst all these people and I was preaching them the word of God. He said they were all listening to me and were cheering or something. haha After he got done telling this short little synopsis of the story he says " So yes, I just wanted to tell you that you are doing an amazing work, keep going and preaching the word". He's super cool and we are excited for him.

We'll conference was really super cool eh? It was awesome for us because we had about 6 investigators come(four Italians). We watched in English while they sat next to members watching in Italian. They all said how much they loved it and thought it was super amazing. None of them watched all of conference but they all watched at least one or two sessions. Our only problem with these Italians is that they are all single men. haha they are all a little bit awkward/weird. They aren't super weird or anything, but it's no mystery why they are single. We are having a blast though teaching them often and helping them know of the restored gospel and the wonderful blessings that come from it.

I wrote down in my journal some of my favorite talks from conference but I didn't bring it with me so I can't remember real well. I do know that I loved Elder Callister's talk about the Book of Mormon. He brought up so many awesome points and it was just super bold. The man from the Seventy who talked about "Looking Up" gave a really cool talk as well. I think he said at the end something like Look Up, Step Up and then Cheer Up. Elder Holland was also very bold in inviting the young men to get ready for their missions because we need "battalions of misisonaries". My other favorite was Elder Christofferson's on repentance. There were a lot of talks I really loved so I look forward to reading them when we get the Liahona.

Well....that's about it with everything here. Let's hope Hill and her team can kick butt in state. How's everything going with Andy and Clara? Do you think I should send an email to them and express my sadness that Clara has yet to write me a single word?...haha I might have to.

Sounds like everything is going great. I think my biggest goal right now is to just become better at teaching. I am able to use the language I just need to become a better teacher. It's something that seemed really hard to develop because I couldn't speak before but now I have no excuse. It's time to turn on the after burners and start declaring repentance unto God's children with power and authority, no fear and with a desire for the welfare of their souls....I think it's a good goal...what do you think?

Think up some funny pranks I can pull on Anziano Frustaci's companion, Anziano Owens. He dumped a bucked of ice cold water on me last week and then this morning we all woke up to find our fingernails and toenails painted red. haha freaking nerd told us he stayed up 3 hours last night trying to do it. The kid is hilarious though.

Well I love you all...Talk to ya next week. Dad, just cause the Utes lose doesn't mean ya don't have to send an article. I would still enjoy it tons....grazie...


Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment