Thursday, October 27, 2011

It's Salvation for Goodness Sake

From September 20, 2011 E-mail

Well I'm definitely excited that the Utes smoked BYU. It will be even better when I get to rub it in the face of Anziano Frustacci(my group) tomorrow. We got transfer calls on Monday so I will quickly give you the scoop. My companion will be leaving to Treviso. The sister missionaries in my district and here in Modena are getting kicked out and President Wolfgramme is bringing in anziani instead. My companion is going to be Anziano Hardy(not Frank or Joe Hardy) who is two or three groups below me in the mission. Anziano Frustacci will be coming with his new companion Anziano Owens as well. We four will be sharing the apartment so it should be fun. Being in four is always interesting. I will still be the district leader and it will just be us four in our district. I'm pretty excited because Anziano Frustacci speaks super super good so hopefully i will pick up a lot.

On another note....THAT IS SO AWESOME that Hillary scored the golden goal! I got to admit once I saw that article I forgot all about the Utah football trouncing of BYU. Is she thinking pretty high of herself(I would). It makes it about twice as cool that it was against Skyline. That will seriously be an event to remember, am I right? Portroppo I can't watch the video of it...mission rules. I will just have to wait a year...yeah just one because I've been serving for a year..did u remember...did ya remember... One year....wowzer....nah just messing. That is still awesome though....Chris must look like a genius for moving her up there haha. It's awesome to hear how good Hillary is getting. I got a pretty good laugh when I read that Skyline's main player got hurt by Lisa haha.

Well sorry to hold off on the other good stuff. We had a baptism!!!! Ettore totally got dunked on Saturday. It was super cool and I was pretty excited for him.
The only down thing was that not a lot of members showed up. It was actually pretty lame too because right before the baptism there was a meeting for the leaders in the ward. There was like half the ward in the meeting and immediately after pretty much every one left...how lame? So lame...but....the baptism was awesome! His family will soon have a priesthood holder in the house which will be so sweet.

This week we got a referral from the sisters. About a month ago a man stopped them at the bus stop and started asking about them and what they do. He told them that he'd seen the Anziani a lot and wanted to speak with us. He came to church about 2 weeks ago and we got his number. This weekend we were able to meet with him and have a few lessons with him. The first time we met him he told us...alright so I want to know what I need to do to become a member and in what way your church is different...By the end of the lesson we had an investigator with a baptismal date. He is super cool and even has a friend in the ward. His name is Antonio and we are super excited to start teaching him.

Unfortunately we will not be able to have Edmond's baptism this week because the ward screwed up and didn't announce it in church. They want it to be announced so people can attend so we will now postpone it for like two weeks. Why two weeks and not one? Well next Saturday is general conference. Why can't we do it between sessions..I will tell you..Because of the time change, we don't see the first session until Saturday night. Why don't we do the baptism Saturday afternoon then? Well I will tell you.....Saturday afternoon the young men and single adults are doing a soccer tournament allllll day and they just happened to invited allllll the members.... Therefor will will wait two more weeks to baptize someone who is ready now... I LOVE IT!!!!! Not.

Don't worry I'm not mad or upset about it. It is what it is. We will just keep getting this stud ready. We were just a little disappointed in the ward a little bit. They don't seem to get overly excited for baptisms!!!! and I have no clue why....It's SALVATION!!!1 for goodness sake. haha

Well...I hope Hillary got my birthday card. I thought about sending a present but I could seriously not think of one dang thing to buy. Plus it would have cost a lot because I would have had to buy something then pay another 20 bucks to send it....sorry! Christmas! Maybe.

Well I love you all....I hope you liked the email this week...I certainly enjoyed yours. Ahhhh Utah 54 what a beautiful number. Let me know how those Cards do. I have never been so bummed out about a BYE week....PACKERS!!!!!....yeah....there ya go DAD! I know i don't want to get toooooo carried away with sports but every once and awhile throw in the PAC 12 standings....

Don't worry I don't think about sports really other than P days...for just a bit. I'm focused.

Love you all.....Clam ciaody

No comments:

Post a Comment