Tuesday, January 11, 2011

He Promised to Keep Reading Every Day

Email from December 16, 2010

What's up? This week was alright. Definitely has gone by pretty fast, its crazy it's my second week already! So, to answer some of the questions...

We have a washing machine that works well enough and we just dry our clothes in the apartment. The apartment is starting to get a little more clean now. We actually will be doing a yearly cleaning on January 1 which will shine it up a bit, too... hopefully.

There are two wards in Torino. We have about 100 active members each week which is pretty sweet (sorry my hands are freezing right now and I can't type, so this prolly won't be as long as last week). I cook about once a week. We each cook one meal for everyone for the week, and then we are on our own for 3 of the days. I usually just make sandwiches or something, nothing too special. We haven't had to ride bikes at all really except for Sundays on the way to church. We had one day this week when the bus drivers went on strike so we had to ride all day which sucked. My seat is tiny and by the end of he day I was so thankful for the buses.

So this week was okay, like I said. We didn't have a lot of success, but it's alright. Last Friday we got our awesome Chinese investigator Eduardo to commit to baptism. He loved church last week and we had set it up so we had a regular teaching schedule (3 times per week). We gave him 3 Nephi 11 to read the day after church and when we met with him two days later he had finished 3 Nephi. He said he loved it and that it answered a lot of his questions about sacrament meeting that he had from the previous Sunday meeting. We taught him about having faith in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ as well as baptism, repentance, and enduring to the end. He committed to being baptized on January 8, and we were so stoked. You could really tell that he was excited as well. The next day we called him to confirm our next teaching appointment and he said that he had talked to his mom (who lives in China), and she wants him to take it a little slower. Eduardo and his three roomies are going on vacation from school for like three week, and he told us that we can't meet for a while and he can't be baptized yet. He really want to be baptized, but feels it's best to listen to his mom and take it slow. He told us he promised to keep reading every day (we hadn't even said anything about it, this is what he told us). He also told us that we are his best friends which was sweet. He is the type of person who is sososososo nice and would never be mean to someone else. I'm pretty positive that we will continue teaching him when he gets back though. We were definitely so sad and depressed when he told us though.

We met this sweet African family. Collins, Jennifer, and their little girl Paris who we will teach tomorrow. I love teaching Africans because they are so humble and always love our message. It's just hard sometimes because they work on Sundays and just disappear for days at a time...buh...

We went to a park to do inviti the other day and found the sweetest castle ever. We are planning to go and visit it in the next couple of P-Days. They had some shops with the sickest swords ever, but we didn't go in and look. We might go today, but I'm not sure.

Zone conference was was fun yesterday, and I got to see a couple of Anziani from the MTC. The president and the APs had some really sweet lessons/discussions. They were all based on the Book of Mormon, and I really got some sweet insight (that I won't share because I'm running out of time to write)... sorry, but basically I need to testify of it a lot more than I'm currently doing and give out as many as possible.

Well, I love you all and hop you're doing great. Christmas should be really fun. We aren't quite sure what we are doing yet though. I'm sending a package of gifts today (I didn't put a whole lot of thought into it... haha..sorry)... I'm terrible with gifts.

Ciao...love you all...

Tuck

No comments:

Post a Comment