Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Dear God, I Am From China..."

January 12, 2011 email:

HELLO HELLO.....whats up everyone? It's has been a fun week. Well, first I gotta say. I got a personal email from President saying...it is allowed to write friends and family.

Mom i am just kicking butt and taking names..at least I'm trying to. My Italian is crap but guess what? That's OK. I know it, the Italians know it. haha. I will learn though, I'm just "gonna fight, fight, fight until I get across that goal line"-RUDY

So who is Hillary going on a date with? haha.

I have been doing very well. We got transfer call yesterday and it was pretty crazy. I'm being transferred!.......to Torino 1. haha. My companion is going to Milano 3 and I'm going to the north side of Torino. They are making the missions smaller and smaller. Our copia has been closed so its just Zone Leaders in our apartment now. My companion found out pretty early in the morning that he will be going to Milano. I wasn't sure if I would be staying in Torino 2 and someone else would be coming here or if I would be leaving. I got a call from Torino 1 during the afternoon and they said that I was going there. We were hearing all sorts of rumors, but this seemed pretty legit. Sure enough around 10pm last night, the assistants called and confirmed. I will be in Torino 1 with Anziano Dean. He has been out for 4 transfers, I think. He speaks pretty fluently already so I'm excited about that. I have already met him before and he seems pretty chill. From what I already know, he is from Cincinnati, took ballroom dancing haha, and likes Disney music? It should be fun, he is a pretty good missionary from what I have heard. I want to try and do an SYL (speak your language) for the whole transfer because it would definitely increase my Italian a lot.

This transfer we just did not speak any Italian. We had so many African and Chinese investigators that spoke English that I just never really had a chance to even practice. Everything is going sweet though. We have a baptism set for the 22nd of January with Obeng, our African investigator. He is super stoked, at least I am and I hope he keeps progressing. His father is getting a little more interested which is also good because he can help him understand English better.

We called Eduardo this week and he is back from vacation. He told us right as we called that he had gotten all his documents(visa,permesso etc.) stolen and he was just stressing out a lot. We were able to teach him though and I think we will be able to keep teaching him (well the other copia will be able to). He said he hadn't read a lot since we had last met with him which was a bummer, but I think it is because he was on vacation and what not. We are pretty sure he will get baptized though, we just know haha....

On that same note...our other investigator Biyao, also from China, is progressing a lot. We have already taught him like 4 lessons. He really loved the plan of salvation and that we can live again. At the end of the lesson he prayed and it was super awesome. I almost laughed at the beginning but it turned out to be so cool. He basically said...Dear God, I am from China.........................where I'm from, the government doesn't allow us to learn about you. He prayed that the missionaries could be able to enter and teach there. It was so sweet and the spirit was very strong. He even said he wants to basically serve a mission there and tell them all about what he knows. He is just starting school and its pretty hectic so we cant meet that often with him anymore but..........but but.....he says after the next semester he cant meet more often. haha. He is such a stud. He is gonna be baptized I just know it. I know it's not about the numbers but.....we get excited when we know certain people will be baptized....I mean...baptisms are the bees knees....they're sweet.

Monday was cool. Our apartment used our Culture Day. President Wolfgramme lets us take one day, every other transfer to go on Culture Day. Basically we can travel to another city, see an Opera, or go to famous places that are close to our area. We used it because Anziano Brannon is leaving this week and we thought it'd be sweet. We went to Genova which was so awesome. It is a lot more italianesque than Torino. We were able to get around relatively easily because Anziano Pilcher(Anziano Brannon's companion) served there. I will try sending some pictures.

Sorry, I haven't sent any pictures; I just keep forgetting. Ya gotta remember that I'm a missionary and we have lots of things going on. haha. I'm not sure how many pictures the email attachments hold, but I will try sending some. If I don't do it this week then I will try next week.




By the way...haha the CD you sent for Christmas, I already have. I got it from Jenn and Nick the day all the aunts and uncles gave me the mission presents. haha sorry. Thanks for everything though, I loved each gift...seriously. By the way....who are the WHEATS? I totally spaced on which family they are....try and help me remember?

Love you all....TUCK

No comments:

Post a Comment