Sunday, January 2, 2011

"Success In the Mission Field Is a Gift From God"

November 2, 2010 Email

Hello Hello...or How in the heck are ya? (as Grandpa Bob would say)

I got some good quotes for the day:
"She better be a babe if you want me to say yes. I get dozens of offers for Friday nights, she better be really cute and have.....nice teeth". --cousin Wiley

"Como Estan ladies"....(Mitchell Goosen)......"yeah..Stan Ladies".....(cousin Wiley)
-Airborne

Everything is good in MTC town. I got to too hear some cheers from LaVell Edwards Stadium last week....not so good. I was a little disappointed I couldn't write during the night on my last P day....So last week I wrote about the opportunity to listen to Elder Nelson....Well....last Tuesday Elder Richard G. Scott came and spoke. I know you're jealous. TWO weeks in a row we have been able to listen to apostles. I feel very spoiled. It was an awesome talk and we even got a copy of it. We can't really share it with you because it's supposed to be for us. We also aren't able to discuss it with our comps because it's supposed to be important to us and for our personal use...if that makes sense. I can discuss a 'lil what he talked about which was spiritual guidance and how we can receive it. We just gotta be humble enough to receive it and be able to find time to be open to it. It was so money.
To answer your question Dad, we had SYL all day Saturday and Monday(speak your language). Saturday we got through like half the day before most of us gave up. Monday was a little better but still most gave up around dinner. I'm definitely improving though. Yesterday we also had TRC. Me and my companion taught a 40ish year old lady from Rome.
We also got to watch a cool talk in class this week by Elder Bednar that he gave at the MTC a couple years ago. Basically he stressed that we need to continue being missionaries after the mission. "When its time to be released as missionaries, return to your home but don't ever leave the mission field"-Elder Bednar. Success in the mission field is a gift from God. It was a sweet talk as always. Elder Bednar is by far my favorite apostle and I think he will be the prophet someday.
I'm reading the Book of Mormon of course. I started over once I got here and right now I'm in Alma around chapter 30. I'm getting pretty excited because it's the war chapters!, which of course are the best. I really do like them the best, especially because its awesome to see how the Lord continually blesses them in battle. They never lose...well except for the end of the BOM, then they lose pretty bad.
Good news....I'm on the downside of the MTC!...I'm less than a month from being in Italy....I know you're all jealous...just kidding...but I know dad is. I'm now the senior companion, even though I already pretty much was(but now I have the actual title)....just kidding...but really. haha. My comp knows what I'm talking about.
Since the older districts have left, there are like 4 teachers that don't have anyone to teach. They have now become our progressing investigators. During missionary directed time we get to plan lessons (we act like they are real investigators) and teach to their needs. It's really fun and is very good practice. We are currently teaching a 14 year old girl, Jlenia(played by sister Swenson). She is so awesome.
To answer your other questions Dad. We study a lot of of Preach My Gospel. We study during MDT, class and whenever we have time. There is so much we have to learn from it and I will continue studying it for the next two years. There really is just so much stuff we have to learn from it.
Sundays are really fun. We have zone leader meeting with the zone leaders in our building at 6:45, then we have branch council with the zone leaders and districts leaders in our branch. Then we have priesthood at like 10 and then lunch. Then we have study time for like an hour and then around 1:00 we have sacrament meeting. After sacrament meeting we have district meeting till like 2:30. Then we have temple walk which rocks. Then dinner, then study time, then Sunday Fireside then we have movie time. We watched the Legacy last week.
Well I hope you're all doing well. Hill got home at 2:45? I never even got home that late! Crazy. Well I might write a letter today to cover some stuff I missed...love ya all.

If Batman went through the drive through at McDonald's and would flames came out?...you guys are both retarded, the cape crusader doesn't eat fast food....what do you mean, Billy knows everything, he's the owner of the Twins, the coolest guy in the world..just ask him.
-Little Big League


Ciao everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment