Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"So I Found Ya Dad"

CRAZY. Guess what happened this last Sunday? So, I'm just chillin' in our apartment during lunch about ready to start some language study. I look next to the chair I'm sitting in and there is this old wooden clip board. Of course I pick it up and I notice there are a bunch of names on it. I keep looking and there are just a bunch of sister missionaries names on it because our apartment used to be the sisters. Then I notice the dates start getting older...and WOAH....there it is....in green ink....ELDER NEFF....9/6/79.....to Milano.....I was like....NOOOO WAAAYY...haha super crazy. So I found ya Dad...crazy. I took some pictures of it and with me with the clipboard. Pretty sweet huh?..

I have yet to get an email from Connor, you should try tell him that I have emailed him and have him email me( that troutsniffer). The address of our apartment is Corso Grosseto 59 Torino 10154.

The transfer has been going awesome. Basically, I went to the train station with all the others who were leaving Torino and then me and Anziano Dean left the train station to our side of Torino. It would have taken like 20 minutes but we got on the train going the opposite direction. Anziano Dean has been here in Torino for only one transfer as well. We hit the ground running though. This last week their copia had found a ton of investigators. So between last Thursday and today, we have taught almost 20 lessons(which is a ton compared to last transfer). We had a baptism this last Sunday with a Nigerian named Kinglsey. His girfriend is a member and now he is, so it's pretty sweet. He will be confirmed next Sunday. We also have a baptism set for February 5 with a 30 year old Giuseppe. He had been pretty crazy and actually tried to kill himself. He got put into a special community place and is pretty normal now. I actually thought he seemed very normal when I first met him. I didn't know anything about him until after I had met him. He is super cool though, and is a very solid investigator.



Tucker, Kingsley, Elder Dean, Marco Botalla












I will probably be able to go to Obeng's baptism, which should be this week. The capi zona we were living with got all of our investigators after my copia was closed. They were also able to get a baptismal date with Biyaho, our Chinese investigator which I was surprised to hear.

I am already loving the new change this transfer has brought. We have been teaching like crazy and have already seen a few mini miracles. We were walking back to the apartment and this Nigerian was changing the name on the citofono(doorbell on the apartment building). We set up an appointment and have taught him again since. We found out that his brother is the father of one of the families we are already teaching. The Lord blesses us in so so many ways; it's incredible.

I'm a little jealous you will get to have Elder Scott at stake conference. It must be a little exciting to see who the next stake president will be. President Pingree was such a stud. I don't think I have met a more loving guy.

My new ward is pretty sweet. The mission leader is such a cool guy; he is like 26 years old and is pretty funny. Anziano Dean has been a big help in the work though. He has only been here like 4 months and he speaks very, very fluently. I think he got like a 34 on the ACT and spoke a lot of French before the mission so it wasn't too hard to switch, I guess. He also has a lot more drive than my past comp had. We do a very precise daily planning which really helps with the work and our effectiveness throughout each day. It is something I really like and hope I can develop and use the rest of the mission.

I am going to try and get my pictures on a CD today and send them home. Hope everything is going well. That's great that work's keeping ya busy, dad. Mom that is awesome that Relief Society is keeping ya busy(haha, it's for the best). Keep up the great attitudes.

Another highlight of the week was when we were teaching this Italian. He is kinda poor so he switched over from buying already made cigarettes to the ones where you need to put it together. So, we are totally teaching the lesson and right in the middle of the lesson he starts making one, right in the middle of 2 Nephi haha. It was pretty funny. I think there might be a little tobacco in the crease of the page. haha

"Big Gulps huh?....well cya later"


Love ya.........Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment