Sunday, January 2, 2011

The First Week

OCTOBER 12, 2010 E-mail

Salve! Come Va?
Well I just wrote a lengthy letter so I probably won't write a long email. Plus, I only have 13 minutes because I forgot my user name and password and about gave up on even trying to do an email this week. The first week has been pretty fun getting used to our schedule and such. I let my companion take the bottom bunk; I could care less either way. My classes have been very fun and I'm enjoying them a lot. Like I said in the letter, TRC(training recreation center ... I think that's what it stands for) went pretty good. There is always room for improvement though and for us there is definitely room for that. I have seen quite a few friends since I've been here...Spencer Hille, John Hansen, Casey Elton, Scot Liton, David Pinnock, Paul Bradshaw, Jace Petersen and Will Gochnour. It's been fun getting to see them all. I think the only thing I need right now is some mouthwash and maybe my basketball shoes(if its too inconvenient then don't worry about it). Brian Neff and family sent some chips and salsa, they're too nice. My companion is pretty awesome. Elder Glowa is from Canada Quebec, English as first language so no worries. Our district is so awesome though as well as the other three Italian districts. Elder Schwing, from Black Forest, Germany is so freaking money...he speaks like perfect English and is awesome at Italian. Elder Glowa is very spiritual and knows a lot. Elder Sanders is kinda lazy and a little more laid back. Elder Anderson is one of the those kids who really surprises you and just knows so much. Elder Hopper is a mix of Ellis and Cameron...and is taking the designated Senior Companion role a little too seriously and gets upset when the other two in his companionship don't listen to him, even though they do. He's broken down and cried a few times, but he'll be ok. Elder Glowa is the district leader and has done a good job of working with him. So basically our district is me and Elder Glowa as companions, Elder Sanders and Anderson, Elder Hopper, Scwing and McAffee are a trio(McAfee is from Cali and is laid back but knows a lot)...and then we have three sisters: Sorelle Williams, Burgouyne and Stebare(Boise, Taylorsville and Georgia)...they are all very mature and intelligent. It's been awesome and all 10 of us stick together a lot and just have fun learning.
I only have two minutes so I'll rap up...(When the time runs out it just logs out, in case it happens in the future). I love you all and thanks so much for the candy and letters. Keep me posted with sports. I enjoyed the last letter. That's awesome that Andy finished in the top 150...that's so sweet. Sucks that Hill lost to Woods Cross. I hope Ali and Savannah are OK. Everyone else good luck this week.

"don't ya wanna a little taste just to see what it tastes like? just a little taste.....Nacho

No comments:

Post a Comment