Sunday, January 2, 2011

"Stop Worrying; Press Forward"

October 19, 2010 Email

Alright, well I'm still just gonna write one big email to everyone. This last week has definitely been filled with a lot of excitement. The other new Italian district just had another anziano go home. This is their 3rd so far since we got here. It was prettty sad because he was one of my favorites. It was Anziano Jones, who me and my comp "chilled" with.
Last Tuesday we had Richard C. Edgley come and speak to us(in the Presiding Bishopric). He was pretty awesome and gave a wonderful talk. I wish I had my notebook with me so I could tell you all more about it, but I forgot it in my room and I'm not gonna give up the computer.
Pretty much we wake up in the mornings, shower up and go to breakfast. We usually have like a 15 minute breakfast and go straight to our classroom. We only have class like once a week in the morning though. The rest of the time we just do our MDT in the class which is personal study, comp study and language study. We usually have class in 2-3 hour increments, after lunch which is from 11:30 to 12:15 and then after dinner(dinner is from 5:30 6:15). We usually have class after dinner from 6:30 to 8:30....Then me and my comp have daily planning for like 15 minutes and then head back to our rooms.
We had TRC yesterday, which went very well. We talked to a fake investigator for like 10 minutes, all in Italian(at least we tried. We actually did pretty well. It was pretty sweet though, the investigator was Nick Blair.....Peter Blair's brother. I thought I had kinda recognized him, since I'd actually talked to him at our ward a couple months ago. I didn't find out he was his brother till after we had taught him the second lesson, in English. The lesson went very well. I thought but we need to learn to ask better question that get the investigator involved in the lesson. It was pretty cool talking to Nick though.
At dinner last night I saw Gary Jensen and his wife, Luann. I had no clue they are going on a mission to Germany. That is pretty sweet though, i talked to them for like 10 minutes in the cafeteria. They leave in like two weeks. When did they decide to go on a mission?
During class this week we got to watch a talk by Elder Bednar that he gave in the MTC last year. We are lucky to see it because they dont let anyone watch these talks. It was probably the most interesting/best talk I've listened to. Its about recognizing the spirit. Sometimes we wonder too much about if the spirit is directing us or if its just our self. He advised us to Stop Worrying about it.(he repeatedly emphasized this) Stop Worrying about it. Press forward, press forward...."Anything good is of God". We need to have faith/trust in your heavenly father. He gave some awesome stories. I guess when he was a missionary in Germany, the newly called apostle Elder Packer, came to the mission with his wife. He got them on a train at midnight to go somewhere else and before they left he gave them 20 Marks(thinking that they might need some money for food). While Elder Packer and his wife were on the train( this is around the 1970's) the train was stopped in Eastern Germany. Elder Packer had a 5 year passport and his wife only a 3 year passport but with a 2 year extension. I guess the government had been cracking down on the 3 year passports with extensions. Officers came onto the train and threatened to take her off the train. Elder Packer slipped the 20 marks into the passport and gave it to the officer. The Officer let them go. Elder Bednar related this experience and told us that it was the spirit that guided his actions to give Elder Packer the 20 marks. We don't need to feel the spirit in the moment. He told us that later in an apostle meeting. Pres Hinckley joked to Elder Packer that that 20 marks must be worth a whole lot more and that he owed Elder Bednar.
Anyways, the talk was awesome. He gave another story but I'm running out of time. I hope the family is all doing well. Andy, Hill and Ashley. Thanks for the package I really appreciate it. I really don't need any snacks or candy though. We have so much and can't even eat any of it. That's sweet the Jazz are doing well. Go Cards even though the season is over. Who won the World Series?
Try and figure out what building Pat teaches in; I want to go see him. Also, I'm getting a picture with Harry Potter today, apparently he is a missionary in the room across from me. I will send the pic sometime soon. I love you all, you're the best. Tell all the Neffs and Talyors I say hi.
Oh Crap, I almost forgot....(big chief...the best).....Me and my companion got called as Zone Leaders of our branch.....seriously though, no joke....it should be fun!
Ciao......Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment